Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2024 2:04:46 AM EDT
Special ordered it years ago from CMMG, I wanted a standard multi caliber lower.

Still using the original lower, bolt, barrel, and handguards.

It's far from clone correct to anything, but I think it makes a cool looking 22 plinker. The eye relief on the Brownells Colt scope kinda sucks, makes having a multi position buffer tube nice.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool. A .22 retro is something I should add to my build list.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks great! I have the same CMMG upper from years ago too! What are you using for the moderator?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ryee30:
Looks great! I have the same CMMG upper from years ago too! What are you using for the moderator?
View Quote

It's a weird one I found on gunbroker. Has the 2 grooves in it, and where the cuts are made at the end...it doesn't have a bottom one. Kinda like an A2 moderator. Also has a hole already drilled in it, I guess for someone wanting to pin and weld it. I'll probably buy a moderator from Brownells like I have on my other 2 A1 type AR's.

The only upper that's CMMG is the top picture. That's the way it was when I bought it. Not sure who made the A1 upper.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Very cool. One of these days I want to make mine into an A1. More length than necessary but I love the feel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:37:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Karankawa:
Very cool. One of these days I want to make mine into an A1. More length than necessary but I love the feel.
View Quote

I had a little micro size 22 A1 upper for a while. I traded it a long time ago for something.

Ny current 22 AR was light as a feather till I put the scope and moderator on it. The moderator is just screwed on hand tight. Really just using it as a thread protector, I shoot it a lot suppressed.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
.22 ARs are fun. This little weirdo of mine is too.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top