Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Shipped off my M5 Upper today to Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament, he is going to use it to develop a new product for which I will get one at N/C. Maybe in a month or 2 or 3 lol. But eventually.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OTDR:
Shipped off my M5 Upper today to Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament, he is going to use it to develop a new product for which I will get one at N/C. Maybe in a month or 2 or 3 lol. But eventually.
View Quote

What kind of new product?

I imagine I’ll see it on your channel eventually, but how about some inside info? :-D
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#4]
Originally Posted By Akin:

What kind of new product?

I imagine I’ll see it on your channel eventually, but how about some inside info? :-D
View Quote

Sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:53:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XxSLASHERxX] [#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

He's making barrel nut wrenches?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

He's making barrel nut wrenches?
View Quote

He is not making and marketing his barrel nut wrenches to the general public. They are priced at a point almost no one will pay. There is a lot of work and hand fabrication in these.

The one I bought from him for my 6940 Monolithic I was hoping would also work with the M5 since they use the same castellated barrel nut, but it don't. The upper receivers between the 6940 and M5 are very different.

I paid the high price for the tool because I wanted one for my 6940,s, discovered it didn't work with my M5s, sent one of my M5 uppers to Ken and he is making M5 wrenches from me, himself and his shop only.

No one has a M5 Barrel nut wrench except the Colt factory or a private individual machinist who might have made his own. Basically no one has one.

Ken told me in last email he had received my M5 upper and was ordering the material. He has been fantastic to work with.

My 6940 wrench is a work of art.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the dumbest AR related product I’ve ever fucking seen and that says a lot.  Grift game 💯 tho.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#9]
Originally Posted By Raoul_Duke70:
This is the dumbest AR related product I’ve ever fucking seen and that says a lot.  Grift game 💯 tho.
View Quote

There are several AR related products being discussed in this thread, which one lol?

Hammer Cage

Barrel nut wrench

Hammer install tool

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:20:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#10]
I don't know what the poster meant but really wouldn't loading the hammer in any tool take the same effort to load as just installing it? I mean compressing the spring to a certain point is compressing the spring to a certain point. Effort in pushing the pin in is pushing the pin in. I don't get it on tool use for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By j3_:
I don't know what the poster meant but really wouldn't loading the hammer in any tool take the same effort to load as just installing it? I mean compressing the spring to a certain point is compressing the spring to a certain point. Effort in pushing the pin in is pushing the pin in. I don't get it on tool use for some reason.
View Quote

I installed 3 LPK's today.  The hammer install took about 30 seconds at most for each.  I love tools as much as any guy, but this hammer cage thing is one I will never own.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:23:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#12]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

I installed 3 LPK's today.  The hammer install took about 30 seconds at most for each.  I love tools as much as any guy, but this hammer cage thing is one I will never own.
View Quote

If I could locate another KNS, I would buy it as I love collecting tools I find useful for myself. My AR tool collection is as enjoyable and important to me as my gun collection. I find the KNS handy for me. Im 65, my hands and fingers are not what they once were.

I find the KNS tool to be simple and easy to load the hammer. The other tool the manufacture refers to as SHIT, their acronym not mine (Superior Hammer Install Tool) I find it dangerous to load due to a completely different design and at $120 dollars it will never sell. I sold mine already on that other site. I bought it just to evaluate it.

The SHIT tool uses a cut off 10 penny nail as a punch. Im not for using steel punches on hammer and trigger pins, even though steel is what the KNS uses. I use wood.

The SHIT tool will have a few sales with the SOTAR group after their leader orders his followers to buy it, especially when Ned shows up to train his classes, but I doubt it will ever sell on the open market.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:24:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin] [#13]
Honestly, I’m not sure why people feel compelled to respond to my thread asking about if anyone’s ever released something similar to the hammer cage and say how much they think it’s stupid or that they don’t need it.

Good for you! If anyone was curious about your opinion about the hammer cage, I’m sure they’re now satisfied.

You haven’t contributed anything to this thread, though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:44:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#14]
Honestly, I’m not sure why people feel compelled to respond to my thread asking about if anyone’s ever released something similar to the hammer cage and say how much they think it’s stupid or that they don’t need it.

Good for you! If anyone was curious about your opinion about the hammer cage, I’m sure they’re now satisfied.

View Quote

Sorry about that, I have UNSUBSCRIBED from thread.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Sorry about that, I have UNSUBSCRIBED from thread.
View Quote

You weren’t the problem
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#16]

View Quote

New here, huh?!?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top