User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2024 2:21:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
lol, for me it's the gloss or not gloss on furniture :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to draw the line somewhere or you'll drive yourself insane.

When I found out the Edgewater I have in my 602 was a later production Edgewater, I was like "fuck it, I'm out"
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
LMFAO!!! True story LOL
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have an addiction that needs feeding,
Retro isn't so bad. It's likely cheaper than
cocaine, meth, boats, and airplanes.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Went through this exact thing recently. Buddy a a gun show in Tx says he found a table of AR parts.
I said great I need silver ejection port springs. Oh a a couple A1 port doors. He sends a pic of an A2 port door, I said wrong and sent an A1 door pic to him.
Then he tells me,
“ oh the dealer said they are the same thing”
I almost lost it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought the pitfall is writing 4-5 extended ridiculous threads about rifles lmao
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking about that the other day. I am ok with putting the wrong twist barrel on but I spend days trying to find the right lock washer, grip screw, or silver spring.

I found some springs a while back when everyone was looking for them - https://www.fulton-armory.com/ejectionportcoverspringtitan.aspx  They are listed under 308 ejection port door springs so I think everyone was looking over them. I ordered 5. They came in and looked just fine other than they were not silver but like a light blonde color. I hit them with a green pad a couple times and they came out silver. Also naval jelly seems to brighten them up. I was going to share my findings but I was holding out till I ordered a few more. (I didn't want to give up my honey hole. lol) Then I got side tracked and forgot all about sharing.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flynnchester:
Went through this exact thing recently. Buddy a a gun show in Tx says he found a table of AR parts.
I said great I need silver ejection port springs. Oh a a couple A1 port doors. He sends a pic of an A2 port door, I said wrong and sent an A1 door pic to him.
Then he tells me,
“ oh the dealer said they are the same thing”
I almost lost it!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Shane733:
I was thinking about that the other day. I am ok with putting the wrong twist barrel on but I spend days trying to find the right lock washer, grip screw, or silver spring.

I found some springs a while back when everyone was looking for them - https://www.fulton-armory.com/ejectionportcoverspringtitan.aspx  They are listed under 308 ejection port door springs so I think everyone was looking over them. I ordered 5. They came in and looked just fine other than they were not silver but like a light blonde color. I hit them with a green pad a couple times and they came out silver. Also naval jelly seems to brighten them up. I was going to share my findings but I was holding out till I ordered a few more. (I didn't want to give up my honey hole. lol) Then I got side tracked and forgot all about sharing.

https://i.imgur.com/oinhpSp.jpeg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I'm down to 4 "non black" myself....
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Brownells has silver springs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah... but are they the right shade of silver?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#13]
At the time, Brownells was sold out. Heck, I think everyone was sold out at the time. Even the ones with pictures of silver or claiming to have silver springs was shipping black ones out instead. Also many claimed Brownells was shipping gold springs instead of silver right before they sold out. Instead of the great TP shortage of 2020, it was the great silver spring shortage of 2023. Now we entering the great lockwasher shortage of 2024. Just wait till everyone realizes they don't have the proper fillister head screw holding their grips on :o
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By myitinaw:

If you have an addiction that needs feeding,
Retro isn't so bad. It's likely cheaper than
cocaine, meth, boats, and airplanes.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Shane733:
At the time, Brownells was sold out. Heck, I think everyone was sold out at the time. Even the ones with pictures of silver or claiming to have silver springs was shipping black ones out instead. Also many claimed Brownells was shipping gold springs instead of silver right before they sold out. Instead of the great TP shortage of 2020, it was the great silver spring shortage of 2023. Now we entering the great lockwasher shortage of 2024. Just wait till everyone realizes they don't have the proper fillister head screw holding their grips on :o
View Quote

Well I’ve got the grip screws covered!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#16]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/533696/IMG_1742_png-3220574.JPG
View Quote

I need to get some of those
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AmericanSheepDog:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah @Flynnchester we’re going to need you to take another picture zoomed out so we can browse your parts box
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jwb211:

Yeah @Flynnchester we’re going to need you to take another picture zoomed out so we can browse your parts box
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwb211:

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top