Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2023 9:11:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Backinbusiness1]
Hi all,
A few years ago I bought an Angstad Arms 9mm receiver, I am finally working on getting the build going again,

The goal is a pistol build for self defense in home use. I’d like the ability to add a suppressor down the line.

Anybody recommend what (Angstad Arms) complete upper to combine with this?

I’m completely stuck with deciding between a 4.5” / 6” or 10.5”…
I assume since I’d like a suppressor the 10.5” doesn’t make sense, so would you all recommend the 4.5” or 6”?

Thoughts? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I had an Angstad three lug adapter which was totally out of spec. Not only the threading was a nightmare, also the lugs did not fit any of my three 9mm three lug compatible suppressors (Ase Utra, 2 B&T).

I personally would check for another upper.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Backinbusiness1:

I’m completely stuck with deciding between a 4.5” / 6” or 10.5”…
I assume since I’d like a suppressor the 10.5” doesn’t make sense, so would you all recommend the 4.5” or 6”?

View Quote

I have a 7.5" AR in 9mm, as well as one in 12.5". Sure, the 7.5" is more compact. But there are also quite compact 9mm cans you can run. I don't feel that the 12.5" with suppressor is something you can't handle, even indoor or in other confined spaces.

The question I would ask is:

Why a 9mm AR for home defense? For me the 9mm ARs are a training option, when ranges only allow pistol calibers.

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top