Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 6/1/2022 8:05:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz]
Did my due diligence and didn't see a Thread solely for this unit, other than this which contains very useful info. I figured why not start a dedicated thread for this little monster since it's raised the bar.

I have been going thru the nice little manual that comes with it and reaching out to others too. Fellow NV Member (AKDoc) help me find something I first believed was MIA from the bag. You must lift up the foam bottom where the thermal sits to locate the large objective rubber eyepiece used for weapon mounting the unit (Pic 1&2 ). Mine came with the longer eyepiece attached (Pic 3&4 ) and I found that using the larger one was more versatile in Handheld Mode. Still going thru the manual figuring it out, but thought anyone who owns/used one could drop their Pro's & Cons here (French1966)

There is one thing I've been told a few times which like everything in this "sport" brought conflicting feedback. That is that when you use the dovetail for helmet mounting you cannot wear the RH over your left eye while mounted to a Bridge. In this TFB article they say:

"Since the RH25 is inverted, this positions the battery compartment to the right, if you are wearing them. This would interfere with the PVS-14 since the dovetail adapter it has positions the battery housing to the left. If I switched the RH25 and PVS-14, so the PVS-14 was on my right eye, the respective battery compartments will hit each other and not work properly."

Is this correct for all bridges for helmet mounting or what? Which enables me to use it over my left eyeball? I can't even adjust it over an eye when mounted to a G24 - which pisses me off!

I use this site to illustrate the RH25 because it clearly shows the accessories needed for both helmet & rifle mounting, and has hyperlinks to different bridges (despite the video being on the MH25). I'd also like to see some pics/video you took using the RH, not just what's online. From reading the thread I dropped at the beginning, I realize there are many that prefer other units than the RH (respect!), and one member who runs two of them on a bridge, which I can only imagine what that looks like! Since I respect many here I look forward to this being educational/informative to all........Semper Fi.....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Image quality is nice too

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By raverill:
Image quality is nice too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKG4JDZUHfM
View Quote

Thanks! Is that the palette you prefer best (White Hot) and is that "Auto" Focus, or are you just that fast?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Thanks! Is that the palette you prefer best (White Hot) and is that "Auto" Focus, or are you just that fast?
View Quote

That’s my buddies RH25, I have MH25’s and they have the same sensor.  The image quality is absolutely incredible, but I haven’t played around with black hot much.  I will give it a try
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By raverill:
That’s my buddies RH25, I have MH25’s and they have the same sensor.  The image quality is absolutely incredible, but I haven’t played around with black hot much.  I will give it a try
View Quote

There's no doubt its a matter of personal preference. I know many hog hunters toggle back & forth. Its amazing how much heat is seen on simple roads
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]

There's no doubt its a matter of personal preference. I know many hog hunters toggle back & forth. Its amazing how much heat is seen on simple roads
View Quote

Definitely give the different palettes a try. My iray cores are in magnified devices so it's kinda apples and oranges  but I use them a lot in blackhot. Seems to give better detail and depth perception in a lot of circumstances and only gives up a bit to the white hot on the detection side once you get used to reading it. The color mode which I'm assuming you have can be useful when it's cold but seems to throw too many false readings in hot and humid conditions.

My phenom also has a birdy mode which is kind of a subdued white hot which is probably my favorite for detection but that feature might be unique to the hand scanners.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats the difference between the RH and the MH? Just that the RH can be rifle mounted?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By muricanwerewolf:
Whats the difference between the RH and the MH? Just that the RH can be rifle mounted?
View Quote
Scope/clip-on vs a scanner.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerHawk] [#8]
https://i.imgur.com/HXr4VWt.mp4

Kinda curious how this will load being hosted on imgur.. Edit: Can't seem to embed so there is a link.

Just some random rh25 pictures I had on my phone
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:59:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#9]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
https://i.imgur.com/HXr4VWt.mp4
Kinda curious how this will load being hosted on imgur.. Edit: Can't seem to embed so there is a link.
Just some random rh25 pictures I had on my phone
View Quote

I can see them on my phone but not PC. Question, How did you end up with them on your phone? Download from thermal to PC/Mac and then send to phone? I have yet to attach the long cord to a PC because I have yet to take any  pics or vids. In fact, I need to find out how you actually take pics. I know the little camera icon is in my viewfinder, but what buttons do I push to take an actual pic?

And the issue still remains: Not knowing which Bridge to purchase in order to mount both the RH and PVS14! Out of the 3 choices I know of (Mod Armory, Wilcox, NF Panobridge) I need to know which enables the two devices to mount correctly, articulate each up out of the way, and the biggest thing of all - enable me to actually get my eyes near each lens to see through~! What do I mean? I snapped the RH into my G24 via the dovetail (helmet mounted) and there is absolutely no way I can even see no matter how many adjustment screws I turn - doesn't come anywhere near an eye!!

I could continue with issues I had while trying to mount in on my rail and line up with a Sig scope, but can the RH even be used with an Eotech product??
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
No offense but spend a little more time with the manual, it’s not great but it does cover most of those topics.

The rh25 has wireless capabilities so I enabled wireless and join my phone to the ssid the rh25. After that I can use the iray app on my phone from the apple store to access the photos, videos, etc. you can also update the firmware that way, and access the remote view finder.

My biggest tip with the phone connectivity is to enable wireless, and then shut off the rh25 and turn it back on with wireless enabled. For whatever reason I sometimes have issues downloading photos/vid without doing that.

The camera button is used to take pictures and videos. A single press take a picture and a long hold starts a video.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
No offense but spend a little more time with the manual, it’s not great but it does cover most of those topics.
The rh25 has wireless capabilities so I enabled wireless and join my phone to the ssid the rh25. After that I can use the iray app on my phone from the apple store to access the photos, videos, etc. you can also update the firmware that way, and access the remote view finder.
My biggest tip with the phone connectivity is to enable wireless, and then shut off the rh25 and turn it back on with wireless enabled. For whatever reason I sometimes have issues downloading photos/vid without doing that.
The camera button is used to take pictures and videos. A single press take a picture and a long hold starts a video.
View Quote

Yeah. I have the Outdoor App and WiFi enabled. Thx
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#12]

And the issue still remains: Not knowing which Bridge to purchase in order to mount both the RH and PVS14! Out of the 3 choices I know of (Mod Armory, Wilcox, NF Panobridge)
View Quote

Are all Marines this dense, or does it require additional coursework?  We have already had this conversation in the other thread.  The KVC bridge loves you long time and even stays the next morning to cook breakfast.  Simply sell your soul and you too can acquire one.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Must be my IED induced TBI..........
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:32:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#15]

View Quote

It thought the manual was well done... then again I’ve written technical type manuals in the past and they definitely have a referenced based layout to them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

Are all Marines this dense, or does it require additional coursework?  We have already had this conversation in the other thread.  The KVC bridge loves you long time and even stays the next morning to cook breakfast.  Simply sell your soul and you too can acquire one.

https://i.imgur.com/nCaBCJlh.jpg
View Quote

Where can they be bought? I’ve not seen the bridge or obverse shoe in stock ANYWHERE.

I’d even just love to just get an obverse shoe for the Wilcox clone I have. It’s honestly very nice for the money. The articulation detents are not precise, but it’s very stiff and stays where you put it (stiffer than a TNVC NPBM).  And once you get your IPD set, tighten down the set screws on the dovetails and it’s rock solid... just as solid as an NPBM.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

Where can they be bought? I’ve not seen the bridge or obverse shoe in stock ANYWHERE.

I’d even just love to just get an obverse shoe for the Wilcox clone I have. It’s honestly very nice for the money. The articulation detents are not precise, but it’s very stiff and stays where you put it (stiffer than a TNVC NPBM).  And once you get your IPD set, tighten down the set screws on the dovetails and it’s rock solid... just as solid as an NPBM.
View Quote

KAC hasn't made a run of the bridges in a while. 2nd hand market is the only way right now but they dont show up very often.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Where can they be bought? I've not seen the bridge or obverse shoe in stock ANYWHERE.

I'd even just love to just get an obverse shoe for the Wilcox clone I have. It's honestly very nice for the money. The articulation detents are not precise, but it's very stiff and stays where you put it (stiffer than a TNVC NPBM).  And once you get your IPD set, tighten down the set screws on the dovetails and it's rock solid... just as solid as an NPBM.
View Quote
Lemme help you out in the discovery process. I dont own an RH25, so I did a google search for "RH25 dovetail". That led me to this article

That had a fantastic picture of all available mounts, both those included as well as those bought separately. Looks like you want the Iray Pictail.

Another quick Google search... And here we are

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Lemme help you out in the discovery process. I dont own an RH25, so I did a google search for "RH25 dovetail". That led me to this article

That had a fantastic picture of all available mounts, both those included as well as those bought separately. Looks like you want the Iray Pictail.

You're welcome.
View Quote

I literally posted a picture of my RH25 with pictail accessory mount(s)...

I'm talking about the KVC Bridge and Obverse shoes.  They're all but unobtanium since things like the MH25, ML19 and RH25 have started to fill the market.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]

I'm talking about the KVC Bridge and Obverse shoes.  They're all but unobtanium since things like the MH25, ML19 and RH25 have started to fill the market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You're welcome.

Ah I misread that
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#21]
So what I am gathering if you want a pvs14 on your right eye and RH25 on your left, regardless of bridge, you most likely need some kind of obverse shoe for the psv14.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:54:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raverill] [#22]
Iray released their version of k-clips about a month ago

AC49

https://ultimatenightvision.com/ac49

Attachment Attached File

I’m not sure if they work with the RH25, I know they work with the MH25
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Source for the objective piece flip cap?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
RH25 kill, great image, you can see the pig rooting up shit right before he fell

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know how to get the RH25 to record with the reticle?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:37:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#28]
View Quote

As does the device you used for posting that. Go back to trolling
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#29]
where are these made? image is amazing!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By doubleplusgood:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#31]
View Quote
Looks like those pics were made in Iowa. I suspect you can get pics just as good in North Carolina
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like those pics were made in Iowa. I suspect you can get pics just as good in North Carolina
View Quote

China. The quality does seem to be pretty good from all of the pics I've seen here, sniper's hide, and on youtube.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

China. The quality does seem to be pretty good from all of the pics I've seen here, sniper's hide, and on youtube.
View All Quotes

then that's a BIG NOPE for me.
FLIR needs to come out with a 640 breach
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Any day now. Aaaaanyyyyy day now...........
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:23:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Greyswandir] [#35]

View Quote

You will find that most everything in the $3-4k range is in some way related to China. Whether it's the new Steiner C35 which uses a chinese core but is assembled in Germany (I think) or this RH25. The US made/sourced thermal optics will be the Nox 18'ish items that run into the $5-6k range. All of the toys that the military plays with quickly approaches the $9-10k+ range.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#36]

You will find that most everything in the $3-4k range is in some way related to China. Whether it's the new Steiner C35 which uses a chinese core but is assembled in Germany (I think) or this RH25. The US made/sourced thermal optics will be the Nox 18'ish items that run into the $5-6k range. All of the toys that the military plays with quickly approaches the $9-10k+ range.
View Quote

I have 2 FLIR thermals, and I prefer to not buy anything with chinese origins if at all possible.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#37]
and before some moron chimes in about how the computer Im typing on is chinese, no it is not .

I spent more and bought a Japanese made computer.

as I will spend more and buy non-chinese thermals.

you spend your money how you want. and send money to a murderous communist regime if you want.

and complain about how they are taking over the world.

YOU paid for it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142] [#38]

View Quote

Then spend the $$$ and get a Pixels-On-Target Voodoo-S.  It's only about 3x the cost of the RH-25.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#39]
It’s a tech thread take your shit to GD if you have nothing to add.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

why? and what other changes would they need to make? and what would these change mean for weight and form factor?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:

why? and what other changes would they need to make? and what would these change mean for weight and form factor?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:

a reticle would be nice too
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Shitty cell phone picture but it seems the recoil reducing mount lines up perfectly with a 1.93” mount.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Shitty cell phone picture but it seems the recoil reducing mount lines up perfectly with a 1.93” mount.

https://i.imgur.com/b5hYLMS.jpg
View Quote

I like that gun nice stuff
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:44:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#44]

a reticle would be nice too
View Quote

The Breach (7oz) is half the weight of the RH25 or NOX18 and is still 12 micron pixel pitch with a 24 degree FOV - its advantage is its small, light and the image can be adjusted in many ways e.g. edge enhancement, gain, AGC speed etc.  If you go to 640, you will increase the FOV to 48 degrees and make no difference to detection range if you retain the current lens (or DRI).
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Been on the fence about one of these for a while.  Anything else I should be considering?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Chrisdamage:
Been on the fence about one of these for a while.  Anything else I should be considering?
View Quote

What Vendor you choose to use.........

I was able to obtain mine in one day, with some vital accessories - all priced well

Like everything else in this sport/lifestyle, to each their own on what Brand, Model and origin of gear you decide to run. If it works well for you, so be it
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#47]

I was able to obtain mine in one day, with some vital accessories - all priced well

Like everything else in this sport/lifestyle, to each their own on what Brand, Model and origin of gear you decide to run. If it works well for you, so be it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chrisdamage:

I started at the top of the vendors list on the Iray site, finally found one in stock. Placed the order on a Sunday afternoon and it, along with the pic rail and adm mount, were in my hands on Wednesday
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

https://i.imgur.com/nCaBCJlh.jpg
View Quote

I checked and the Devil said my soul is only worth tree fiddy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Where is the best place to purchase a RH25?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#50]
Originally Posted By GGtar122:
Where is the best place to purchase a RH25?
View Quote

Now there is a very open ended question my man!

In no particular order due to being the OP:

KosherSurplus
Nocturnality Gear
TNVC*
JRH
Goonin
Licentia

To smother you with more possibilities they even include a hyperlinked list here
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Top Top