Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2024 1:09:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb]
Attachment Attached File

Took a few weeks to show up. Haven't seen much about this so this is going to be a step by step.

I'm a long time MFAL user, military and civilian. Ill be comparing it to a Peq-15 and NGAL. I also previously owned DBAL D2 and Perst 3.

Initial opening it up and first impressions. It's a sturdy aluminum body. The click adjustments are very positive. It turns on and cycles through all the modes.

Laser and illuminator are crisp and powerful. The illuminator adjustment is quite easy. Don't even think of using this indoors.

The PERST 3 is overpowered and this follows the same design concept. That is, eyeball roasting power.

I scanned about my yard and an opposing ridgeline several miles away. The high powered laser easily reached the far ridgeline.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Remote switch is not a crane, but a four pin connector. Double tapping the button on top puts it in constant on mode. I didn't realize it at first, but the remote switch has two control modes. The forward button is constant on, the larger, rear pad is momentary. The remote switch has a pic rail adapter.

I also just realized that I ordered the red laser version but was sent the green laser version. I bought the red laser version because they are cheaper! So, I'll not complain about that, I guess.
More to follow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 2:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
This is gonna be good… thanks for posting
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:02:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb] [#2]
Some comparisons between the M6 and PEQ15 and NGAL in terms of form factor. Bottom line on top, its bigger than an NGAL, smaller than a PEQ15.

Other comments, the pic rail attachment seems very solid. This was one of the complaints of the previous generations of Laserspeed aiming devices.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

An annoying characteristic of the laser interface is that a light activates when the selector is turned to any setting other than off. Its a green light for visible and a blue for IR. I can see this draining the battery over time and potentially being a compromise characteristic. True, it isnt the only MFAL to do this (MAWL) but I still dont like it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Height over bore (in the Z direction) is about the same as a PEQ. It is not a low profile device, but doesnt intrude into my field of vision with an AEMS (lower 1/3 cowitness height) sight.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Firing button looks great for left hand people not so much for right hand.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:32:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb] [#4]
Got rifle zeroed. Laser is daylight visible. Even could manage to see it past 100 yards.
Attachment Attached File

Also, a right hander can reach the button, but it's uncomfortable.
Attachment Attached File

It's hard to take pictures through a phone into night vision. And my neighborhood is full of photonic barriers. But, managed to snap a shot of the m6 versus FP Peq. The illuminator on the peq is wider at max, but the M6 is cleaner and more powerful.
Attachment Attached File

Something I like is that the illuminator and laser modules are slaved to the same erectors, unlike the Peq or most other units. There's no need to separately center the illuminator to the laser.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool thread so far man.
I ended up getting the M3 and the only thing I don't like is the pressure switch but I just ended up running it
off the main button.
Great FP units.
What targets are in that picture up there?
I need to get me some of those.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
Cool thread so far man.
I ended up getting the M3 and the only thing I don't like is the pressure switch but I just ended up running it
off the main button.
Great FP units.
What targets are in that picture up there?
I need to get me some of those.
View Quote
Thanks. Those are Army Alt C targets. Let me know if you want some.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:53:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#7]
Best price on these in the $1050-1100 range I see them on eBay for?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb] [#8]
M6 vs IS Ngal. Distance is about 100 yards. Drizzly rain caused some bloom. It caused the autogating feature to activate on my NODS. I've identified a consistency at this point that the M6 has a narrower illuminator than the PEQ or the NGAL, but a cleaner cone.
Attachment Attached File
Top Top