Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 9:52:38 AM EDT
Nobody seems to know about this gun but it’s actually a great platform at a great price point. It’s well balanced, side charging, aesthetically nice and consumed cheap steel cased .223 better than almost anything else in my collection. It’s the most reliable of the lesser cost guns in my collection so it’s my choice as a trunk gun.

I wish more people were buying them so they continue to get made.

i miss you tumblr pictures
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
First I’ve heard of it. It looks a lot like my XCR but cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#2]
$1800?

Looks kind of homemade?

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
$1800?

Looks kind of homemade?

Where do I sign up?
View Quote

One lightly used Makasi went around $900 plus, tax, etc. recently.  New look to be around $1,400 on Gb.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
First I’ve heard of it. It looks a lot like my XCR but cheaper.
View Quote

Yeah, that’s the closest seeming to it of everything I own. My XCR has also run flawlessly with shitty ammo.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904] [#5]

How my 16” Rifles compared:
Scar- great overall, addicting recoil impulse, expensive

Spear LT-if side charging might be Scar equal

Bren 2-does nothing poorly, great all around

XCR-ultra reliable, wish stock more intuitive, lefties might not like charging handle

Makasi-great all around, when used unbeatable bang for buck

MCX Gen 1-solid do everything gun at used prices, excellent balance

ARX100-super light, stiff controls when new, great value, most ambi, not 100% with underpowered .223 ammo

Galil Ace-ultra reliable, decent value, pointlessly heavy, would be amazing if 1.5 lbs lighter

Perun X16-excellent balance and overall weight, good ergos, rare, exotic aesthetics, great stock, okay reliability with cheap .223, expensive

Crusader Templar-blems a good value at $899, charging handle too pointy, not 100% with underpowered .223 ammo, too heavy (Gen 2’s are lighter)

556xi-some nostalgic Swiss styling elements, reliable with cheap .223 ammo, stock hard on the collar bone (personal placement), decent value if bought right ($1.0k), keymod dated, xi trim a must to swap charging handle sides

Carmel-seemed decent all around except mine was the most ammo sensitive gun in my collection - it hated / wouldn’t cycle underpowered .223, not the heaviest but could’ve stood to lose a lb

BRN180-okay reliability with cheap .223 ammo, charging handle not available on my preferred side, very light, great handling, good value when used

JAKL-pretty good all around except front heavy and the charging handle on my 13.7” was super hard to actuate at times, some stovepiping with cheap ammo, my JAKL pistol functioned better all around but was still front heavy.

LE Trade In Colt 6920-light, very reliable with cheap ammo (not sure at higher round counts), old school charging handle location, no folding stock, best non-piston cheap option though a used piston Makasi is very close for bang for buck

Cost factored in I’d probably grab a braced 11” Bren 2 pistol ahead of any of these for a go to option.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The website doesn't state it, but what type of bolt lock up does it use? I assume rotating bolt.

I already have ARs and an XCR. If spare parts are easily available for the Makasi, I could see myself picking one up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I already have a Bren 2 but great writeup and fantastic collection. Now do medium caliber piston guns.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Moving to 1 Great 5.56 Option
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I know looks aren't everything, but damn that thing is ugly. But much like some of the women who have come into my life in my past, I still wouldn't say no to having one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Brigade has a "budget" Makasi available on there website. It comes with a cheap A2 grip, no mbus sights and only one mag. It's on sale right now for $1176 shipped.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ClickClickBoom1:
Brigade has a "budget" Makasi available on there website. It comes with a cheap A2 grip, no mbus sights and only one mag. It's on sale right now for $1176 shipped.
View Quote

That’s an insane deal. I’m moving some things out of the collection and will replace with multiples of the new Makasi pistols. Love this platform.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Unfortunately I don't think these are going to have staying power in the market.
Link Posted: Today 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#13]
ARX has a higher throughput gas setting. Works fine with lower power ammo.
Link Posted: Today 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ClickClickBoom1:
Unfortunately I don't think these are going to have staying power in the market.
View Quote

Agree. It’s an exceptional platform. I’m going to scoop them up while they’re available.
Link Posted: Today 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#15]
There is almost zero exposure on the Makasi. I know the Faxon ARAK is back but it was off the market for years and even with their latest production run there are less that 800 examples and that platform had a lot more media coverage.
Top Top