Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2024 8:40:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FLchuck8]
Had this for year and took a class recently with it. Other than the learning curve for mag changes it ran very well vs my std AR.

Main question is how would it wear with my 556 YHM can?  It runs fine but as far as it not rattling apart?  Is it theoretical or real - have read conflicting reports. TIA
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt that it’s going to physically damaging, but I’m sure it will be quite gassy.  Tavors are know to be quite gassy, and YHM cans (pre RB) are also high backpressure.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Bolt speed is a huge issue. Brass tends to bounce back into the chamber and jam up the works. I have had luck with two things.

1) Modifying/removing shell deflector. I use the Percival Arms shell deflector. Not sure it is still available.

2) Shooting Sight High Energy Spring
https://shootingsight.com/?product=hers

I still get occasional stovepipes though. If you remove the deflector and frame, it works pretty well.

As for gas, get the Manticore Arms or Gear Head Works gasketed cover. That helps seal the unused side of the gun.

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:26:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FLchuck8] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SteveG75:
Bolt speed is a huge issue. Brass tends to bounce back into the chamber and jam up the works. I have had luck with two things.

1) Modifying/removing shell deflector. I use the Percival Arms shell deflector. Not sure it is still available.

2) Shooting Sight High Energy Spring
https://shootingsight.com/?product=hers

I still get occasional stovepipes though. If you remove the deflector and frame, it works pretty well.

As for gas, get the Manticore Arms or Gear Head Works gasketed cover. That helps seal the unused side of the gun.

View Quote
I have the gasket cover and have rtv sealed the majority of the housing. And that helps a lot. I will try the spring as well thanks. Edit ordered. $40 with shipping. Only $5 shipping.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Which YHM can do you have?

The new Turbo T3 has a lot less back pressure. Another good choice in about the same price range would be a Griffin Recce 5K.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I also have a Sar21 Tavor.Great gun.Have any of you used yours in a competition environment.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Which YHM can do you have?

The new Turbo T3 has a lot less back pressure. Another good choice in about the same price range would be a Griffin Recce 5K.
View Quote
Old phantom qd. It's a tank but works great.  Not buying new NFA due to changed trust bs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 26120:
I also have a Sar21 Tavor.Great gun.Have any of you used yours in a competition environment.
View Quote
Yes.  I ran it in 3 gun years ago as an oddities day.

And recently took a carbine 1 class just to have fun with it. Tactical partial mag changes were the biggest issues. I have the geisselle trigger so it makes it much better to shoot accurately.

have a hiccup other than the learning curve from running an AR in practice and class for 20+ years.

it surprisingly didn't get as heavy towards the end  of the day.
Top Top