Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2024 2:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221]
Was told a CAR stock wrench works, it does not fit in any way. Would a couple of drops of red loctite and a good hand tightening suffice ?

Suggestions ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try something like the OTC 4791 Spanner wrench. I use it on my Ecco Plan A adapters.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By nomad221:
Was told a CAR stock wrench works, it does not fit in any way. Would a couple of drops of red loctite and a good hand tightening suffice ?

Suggestions ?
View Quote

I think a stock castle nut wrench only fits the “alpha-threaded” Plan-A adapter used on skinnier pistol diameter suppressors.

The hub / bravo at 1.5” diameter is too big for a castle nut wrench but some Plan B / Rearden Atlas style mounts thin down at the posterior end and are cut for castle nut wrenches.  Lots of different single-tooth lock ring spanners are available. Even some old bicycle bottom bracket tools can work.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Yes!  Highly recommended.
www.amazon.com/dp/B00BVL7ZBY
View Quote

Those are the tools that should come with suppressors.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#5]
Alright, gotta add another tool to the arsenal. Damn this suppressor rabbit hole

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:05:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#6]
This is the spanner wrench that Griffin ships with Hub suppressors:

https://www.griffinarmament.com/griffin-bushwhacker-wrench/

It's a decent tool actually. The steel is good, it doesn't deform like some tools that come with suppressors (looking at you YHM), you can use it with a 3/8" torque wrench, and it had a notch to tighten muzzle devices that also works with A1/A2 flash suppressors.

That said, I like the OTC 4791 spanner as well. That's my go-to for anything with spanner notches.

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Received a 4791 today. Fits GA's hub perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nomad221:
Received a 4791 today. Fits GA's hub perfectly.
View Quote

Actually, same here.

Wish I’d bought two, one for a range bag and one for the bench
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on the   OTC 4791 it has worked great for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top