Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2024 2:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BankerBilly]
Hello gents,

Looking for the most accurate FACTORY 9mm ammo for bullseye shooting. 25 yards and 50 yards.  Colt GC NM

FACTORY ammo

Thanks !!

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a member here who uses Atlanta arms factory ammo to great effect at 100 yards.  CZ75Joe?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It's going to be whatever brand / bullet weight your Colt likes esp for 50 yds.

Federal AE  or Aguilla 147 fmj are a good start for cheaper stuff. Atlanta Arms match offerings.

Handloads......check some of the reloading 9mm on Bullsye Forum for ideas

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't reload but I spent some time early on with various box ammo and found Atlanta Arms 115 gr JHP Match ammo to be perfect for my CZ 4.5" bullseye pistols.  That was 12 years ago and I'm still with them.  I won a lot of small local bullseye matches in West Texas with a CZ P-09 9mm pistol.  After I moved to Central Texas and got a little older, I stopped shooting bullseye matches and switched over to 100/200 yard pistol shooting with my bullseye and other pistols from a rest.  I have yet to be able to detect any variation in the Atlanta Arms ammo out to 200 yards, that is, no vertical spread attributable to anything other than my eyesight.  

I videoed a lot of my 100 and 200 yard sessions as well as dozens of bullseye practice sessions at JoeMustang99 on YouTube if you want to take a look.  I eventually switched over to a .45 CZ for bullseye and have shot it out to 200 yards also with Atlanta Arms 185 JHP, again with no identifiable variation.

The Atlanta Arms ammo is sometimes in short supply so my backup is IMI 115 gr JHP.  It has also been excellent when I couldn't get the AA ammo direct from Atlanta Arms.  I still favor the AA, especially in the short barrel P-10S pistol.  

Those are the only two options that I have done enough shooting with to recommend.  Your pistol may respond differently, but I would start there.  But go look at some of my videos.  When I see less than 14" vertical spread at 200 yards from a 3.5" pistol the ammo is perfect and I'm not changing.  I've shot sub 4" groups at 100 yards.  My eyesight won't allow much tighter grouping than that with a red dot.

I've just spent a week in the mountains of New Mexico shooting a 3.5" pistol at 200 yards, total 120 rounds, shooting AA 115 gr JHP ammo, with excellent results.  I'm not even testing any other ammo unless AA shuts down.  

Bullseye is the most challenging shooting discipline I've ever attempted.  But anything you learn there carries over to almost every other shooting discipline so I wish you luck in your bullseye matches.  Practice a lot.  

Joe L
Top Top