Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2023 10:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ETCss_McCrackin]
I just shot my first GSSF Outdoor Match about 2 weeks ago, entered in Amateur Guardian with a Stock G17.

I'm an IDPA Expert, shot Bullseye, Service Rifle/Pistol, and a little Steel Challenge, so I'm not new to competition at all.  And thanks to all of that I managed to not only pick up first place in my division (AG), but got the top score for all of the Amateurs across the board.

Now, my question comes as to possible prizes.  For the life of me, I can't understand how or if they're distributed or allotted.  There's random prizes, and prizes for placement, but (other than the randoms) who actually gets what?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't help with your question, but as a uspsa master I was told I could not enter as an amateur.Not trying  to enter to sandbag, I just shoot terrible with glocks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:23:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Another-Bill] [#2]
Was this an indoor or outdoor match?

Indoor matches are like a league, 3 consecutive matches (must shoot at least two).
At the end of the 3rd match, best 2 scores are averaged with the lowest (if 3 are shot) tossed out.
Plaques or what ever that club uses are awarded for A Class, B Class and C Class.
As they are called out, they go to the prize table and select which ever item they want.

Then a random drawing is held and the winner wins a free Glock pistol.

The big difference in-between Indoor and Outdoor is the Time.

Indoor matches have a set amount of time and a set amount of rounds to fire, 10 rounds in 15 seconds from a low ready and 5 different distances.

Outdoor matches have an unlimited amount of time. The scoring is based on time and accuracy. A hit in a zone other than A or B adds to your raw time. Complete misses, leaving plates up, and not hitting the steel targets all add time. You shoot 10 rounds at each stage.

The outdoor match is different and recently changed a bit, but it is prize money that is awarded after the match. You will get something in the mail.

I shoot mostly indoor matches as they are close and every month and the same group of guys and ladies are there.

I've shot outdoor matches when they are close enough, have shot a few but never scored enough to win much, some have had two or three hundred competitors over an entire weekend.  For the individual, you won't need but a few hours to shoot the stages.

Guide To Shooting A GSSF Match
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only won a pistol once, I've seen others win quite a few.

Also Pocket Class is limited to the G42 and G43 and the course of fire is 5 rounds at each of the 5 distances.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:
Was this an indoor or outdoor match?

Indoor matches are like a league, 3 consecutive matches (must shoot at least two).
At the end of the 3rd match, best 2 scores are averaged with the lowest (if 3 are shot) tossed out.
Plaques or what ever that club uses are awarded for A Class, B Class and C Class.
As they are called out, they go to the prize table and select which ever item they want.

Then a random drawing is held and the winner wins a free Glock pistol.

The big difference in-between Indoor and Outdoor is the Time.

Indoor matches have a set amount of time and a set amount of rounds to fire, 10 rounds in 15 seconds from a low ready and 5 different distances.

Outdoor matches have an unlimited amount of time. The scoring is based on time and accuracy. A hit in a zone other than A or B adds to your raw time. Complete misses, leaving plates up, and not hitting the steel targets all add time. You shoot 10 rounds at each stage.

The outdoor match is different and recently changed a bit, but it is prize money that is awarded after the match. You will get something in the mail.

I shoot mostly indoor matches as they are close and every month and the same group of guys and ladies are there.

I've shot outdoor matches when they are close enough, have shot a few but never scored enough to win much, some have had two or three hundred competitors over an entire weekend.  For the individual, you won't need but a few hours to shoot the stages.

Guide To Shooting A GSSF Match
View Quote

Outdoor match.
Top Top