Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/26/2024 3:31:41 PM EDT

Sydney’s ordeal began during a three-hour flight where she found herself seated between two obese passengers. Feeling cramped and confined, she took to Twitter to express her frustration. With accompanying photos showing her squeezed into her seat, Sydney didn’t mince words. “I don’t care if it’s mean. My entire body is currently being touched without my consent. I can’t even put my arms on the armrests on either side because there’s no freaking space,” she tweeted.

Her tweets didn’t stop there. She continued to describe her experience in harsh terms, adding that her seatmates were “sweating on me,” which led to further public outcry and accusations of fat-shaming.
View Quote

https://www.wecb.fm/after-complaining-about-her-seat-between-two-obese-people-on-a-plane-a-passenger-receives-compensation/
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Disgusting

If you can't fit in the seat, either buy two(or three) or get the fuck off the plane.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:
Disgusting

If you can't fit in the seat, either buy two(or three) or get the fuck off the plane.
View Quote

Yep, that's my point. I'm paying for a certain amount of space. If someone can't fit in that space, they should have to pay for more.

Fat? Don't like it? Lose weight. Stop stuffing fudge cakes into your piehole!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If you overflow into another seat, you need to buy the seat.
F that!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]

I’ve been saying this for years. They need to just make the doors for the airplane really narrow.

The whales can be loaded into the cargo hold with conveyers.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Bullying is a necessary evil. Fat people should be made to feel ashamed about the shape that they are in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Those fatties would use up all the on demand O2 in the tank leaving none for the pilots
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if she would like me sweating on her?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel for her.  I've been in similar situations, but only on one side.  I had a manager who flew a lot, and he was the kind that when he walked to the gate, everybody there was praying that he wasn't sitting next to them.  He was getting to the point the seatbelt extension wasn't enough.

I'm a big guy, not up to seat belt extension range, and have a few inches left on the seat belt.  I'm broad in the shoulders, and usually take the window seat so I can twist against the side of the plane, to stay out of the center seat space.  If I sit in an aisle seat, they hit me with the cart every time, and I really think they do it on purpose.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By johnnypantz: Fat people should be made to feel ashamed about the shape that they are in.
View Quote

I would be willing to bet when they approach the gate, knowing all eyes are on them out of fear, they feel ashamed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#10]
As an ex Fattie...fat people make me sick.  They don't have a gland problem, they have a fork and spoon problem.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bravo_Six] [#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Baddy] [#12]
She expressed a preference to use the $150 refund to donate to someone in need of a gym membership or fitness program, rather than accepting it as a goodwill gesture for her troubles.
View Quote

I'm sure she will invoke the wrath of the "healthy at any size" fatties for that, but
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:
Those fatties would use up all the on demand O2 in the tank leaving none for the pilots
View Quote

Metallica Lyric:  Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.

The O2 is supplied by individual generators above every passenger.   The pilots have their own.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Airline gives hottie with Australian accent $150...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that a chest piercing? Would that put her in the dirty inkie category?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Baddy:

I'm sure she will invoke the wrath of the "healthy at any size" fatties for that, but
View Quote

Most of those fatties that pushed that have already dropped dead.
No seriously, this is not a joke.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Disgusting

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#18]
One of the most pleasant,  most comfortable flights I've ever been on was the one where I had a middle seat, squished between a pair of Japanese girls that couldn't have weighed more than 95 pounds each.  The one on my left even fell asleep with her head on my shoulder.  

Fuck them fatties.  All women should strive to be like those two Japanese girls.  Thin, elfin, waiflike.  And sweet-smelling.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Summon flight attendant, demand another seat or refund for seat you don't have full access to.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Has American Airlines lost a customer?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#21]
If that pic is her, I bet she would be a tight squeeze too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:50:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjkb1f] [#22]
Fat shaming is a public service and this woman should be compensated as such.  I also can’t think of much worse than being stuck between two giant fucking ham globes - feeling their sweat, hearing them breathe and smelling their BO.

I’m sick of these motherfucking fatties on this motherfucking plane!

Fuck me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:53:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-hunter] [#23]
Not near as bad as a woman that flew beside me from DFW to San Antonio. I was seated when she came up. When she put her crap in the overhead and thats when the stench hit me.  This woman had the worst case of crotch rot smell going on that ive ever experienced.

Honestly it made me gag, i could even smell it when she was seated.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#24]
People give Southwest shit for giving fat people an extra seat for free, but fail to consider it may be more for the other passengers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Has American Airlines lost a customer?
View Quote

Lost an Australian, but gained 87,000 Domestic Midcaps.    On balance, it’s a win.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Last time I flew back from Hartford to Tampa I had a fat fuck flip up my arm rest and ask "do you mind?" I always pay for aisle seats to maximize my space. At 5'11 & 196 lbs I just want my space & peace.

I replied, "yeah I do" and put it back down. He actually said, "well I'm plus sized..." At that point, diplomacy went out the window and I told him to keep his plus sized (morbidly obese) ass in his seat.

Fortunately for him, a flight attendant heard us and moved him 25 rows back to the tail section.

Just say no to fatties...

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck and that, I won't fly if it isn't first class anymore because of that bullshit.  I had to buy poor tickets to take my daughter to OH last summer to see family, the chick infront of me flipped her weave back and hit me in the face, never again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]

That’s an arm? A bicep? Geeze.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ar-hunter:
Not near as bad as a woman that flew beside me from DFW to San Antonio. I was seated when she came up. When she put her crap in the overhead and thats when the stench hit me.  This woman had the worst case of crotch rot smell going on that ive ever experienced.

Honestly it made me gag, i could even smell it when she was seated.
View Quote

How do they not realize that they have a problem down there?  

I used to work with a big girl that was as sweet as could be but none of us could stand sitting by her....  it was bad.. like really bad.   That whole side of the office stunk.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Disgusting

View Quote

FPNI

Nothing more to be said really... if you can't fit in the seat buy two.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Miles_Urbanus:
https://i.ibb.co/pJdVVsC/IMG-3787.jpg

That’s an arm? A bicep? Geeze.
View Quote

Back titty.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By johnnypantz:
Bullying is a necessary evil. Fat people should be made to feel ashamed about the shape that they are in.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

Back titty.
View Quote

No man that’s her arm(bicep/tricep area).
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By carsandguns:
How do they not realize that they have a problem down there?  

I used to work with a big girl that was as sweet as could be but none of us could stand sitting by her....  it was bad.. like really bad.   That whole side of the office stunk.
View Quote

I know a girl that does waxing, including Brazilian waxes.  She told me of a woman that came in who stunk so bad that this girl had to put up a small fan to blow the stench away from her so she could finish the job.  

Some women are simply oblivious.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
People give Southwest shit for giving fat people an extra seat for free, but fail to consider it may be more for the other passengers.
View Quote

Until you are the passenger left at the gate because the plane is full and Heavy 6 got your seat.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#36]
Originally Posted By PDP_Main:

The O2 is supplied by individual generators above every passenger.   The pilots have their own.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:

Arrogance and ignorance for the new guy is right here

You're trying to hard to be edgy with an > 30 year A&P

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Network_Daddy:
As an ex Fattie...fat people make me sick.  They don't have a gland problem, they have a fork and spoon problem.
View Quote

It's a glandular problem... their salivary glands work overtime...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By couchlord:

Until you are the passenger left at the gate because the plane is full and Heavy 6 got your seat.
View All Quotes

That's not how it works.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Welcome fellow firearms enthusiast
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#40]

That's not how it works.
View All Quotes

That's not how it works.

News report of gal that got booted by fatty indicates otherwise, but it is certainly possible gal was lying and/or news report got it wrong.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]
airlines should weigh everyone and make them sit in a seat right in the gate area,if fatties don't fit they buy 2  seats if available or have to wait, cargo hold is another option.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#42]
so let me get this straight..
if you cant smush your carry on bag into the little box/gauging device, they will charge you extra to check it.
but wont charge you extra if smushing yourself into a seat and dont fit.

they need to have a seat in the ticketing area like the carry on measuring display and gauge if YOU fit. if your fat hangs over the edges, you pay extra just like you would if your carry on doesn't fit in the measuring thing.
that extra money should go into a fund to remedy this issue.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#43]
$150 is the legal equivalent of "Shut up you whiny bitch".

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:03:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miles_Urbanus] [#44]
Originally Posted By tommyg52:
airlines should weigh everyone and make them sit in a seat right in the gate area,if fatties don't fit they buy 2  seats if available or have to wait, cargo hold is another option.
View Quote

I believe there is or was a discount airline that weighed people. Maybe Ryan Air.

ETA: it's Finnair
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Missing a three zeros if it was me. Time to goto court.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#46]
"accusations of fat shaming"...??  LMFAO
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#47]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#48]

She has a youtube channel. She's fairly conservative.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#49]

News report of gal that got booted by fatty indicates otherwise, but it is certainly possible gal was lying and/or news report got it wrong.
View Quote

I'm curious - let's see the link.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Seatbelt extensions should not exist, easy mechanism to keep fatties off the plane. If it doesn’t fit, you don’t fly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top