Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 10:23:48 AM EDT
I have a single axle 6x10 enclosed trailer and a 5x10 single axle utility trailer.

We trailer very limited but are moving around 800 miles and will be using both trailers. Utility trailer maybe towing max my utv (ranger 500)
The enclosed trailer our belongings

Planning on multiple trips with the enclosed trailer (getting rid of a lot of stuff but still have clothing, tools, guns, ammo, my wife’s gardening / canningstuff )

I just want one hitch to do it all for our silverado 1500 4x4 regular cab and once move is done our smaller truck (Tacoma or similar)

Looked at some aluminum on at harbor freight that was nice and light but wrong size balls. Plus not sure I trust aluminum?

Any suggestions
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Most combo drop hitches are 2 inch and 2 5/16.

Looks like there are two that have the combo you’re looking for, both from known good brands. Harbor freight makes a knockoff version of the curt for $20 less.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
B&W is spendy but worth the price . Have 1 in both of my F350s
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a good steel hitch with a slight drop. Take the ball off and flip it. Or just get two.  I’ve got four or five steel ones and never had one break. From trailers, to boats, to tractors. They run about $20-25 plus the ball.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I just bought this one, non-chrome, direct from B&W.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Get a good steel hitch with a slight drop. Take the ball off and flip it. Or just get two.  I’ve got four or five steel ones and never had one break. From trailers, to boats, to tractors. They run about $20-25 plus the ball.
View Quote

This, I've only had a few trailers, but I generally just have a drawbar for the truck, with the ball that works with my trailers.  If they used different balls, I'd either replace the coupler on one of the trailers, or just have two different drawbars for the truck. Be different if I towed a lot of random trailers.

Buy drawbar with appropriate drop, add correct ball.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:23:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohiogators] [#6]
Don’t buy a haul master.  I have their aluminum hitch and it is very sloppy in the receiver and in the adjustments.  

I guess that’s why it’s $100 cheaper than B&W.  You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I had at least 5 ball mounts sitting on the shelf before I bought a Weigh Safe.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
View Quote

I just bought a 3.5” drop hitch for $30 to go with my current 2” and 6” drop. For now easier to carry the 3

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:16:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ef4life] [#9]
Aluminum hitch is nice when you have to move it. Well worth it to buy a quality one.

Also many newer trucks running around these days come factory with 2.5” receiver hitches, (if yours does) it’s definitely worth getting a 2.5” hitch so you don’t need to have the 2” adapter tube installed also. Less slop and the adapters tend to corrode into the hitch and get stuck
Top Top