Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2024 12:18:47 AM EDT

Trying to help a person with a big airhandler.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
To check the fuse, pull it out and check across it for ohms. I have seen people check for voltage on both sides but I have seen a bad fuse with a circuit that backfeeds and looks good like that but it's not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Been getting intermittant Google service where I live too .........

How to Check Fuse with Multimeter
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:16:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#3]
Just read voltage across the fuse. Don't even have to remove it. If it's zero and hot, [power going to it] it's good, if you get a voltage differential [say it's a 120v line for a 240v A/C compressor] of 120v or close it's bad.

If you have no power to it [the box] at all, just OHM it out. 0.00 good, OL, bad.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Just read voltage across the fuse. Don't even have to remove it. If it's zero and hot, [power going to it] it's good, if you get a voltage differential [say it's a 120v line for a 240v A/C compressor] of 120v or close it's bad.

If you have no power to it [the box] at all, just OHM it out. 0.00 good, OL, bad.
View Quote

I recently had three phase that had voltage on both sides of a bad fuse from backfed circuits. As far as I'm concerned pull the fuse out check for ohms is the only way to know 100%.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Think about worst case scenario here sparky.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cb69:

I recently had three phase that had voltage on both sides of a bad fuse from backfed circuits. As far as I'm concerned pull the fuse out check for ohms is the only way to know 100%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cb69:
Originally Posted By fxntime:

Fxntime's method still works on 3 phase.  Voltage across an individual fuse would mean it's blown, no voltage is good.  He's talking about reading across single fuses, not taking readings off the load side to ground or neutral.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akcaribouhunter] [#8]
Pulled all fuses and test with my fluke 117.

All tested good with ohms.

DID NOT TEST WITH POWER.

Not my cup of tea.

They are going to have to call a pro.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Put a voltmeter across it.  If the circuit is otherwise closed, you'll see voltage.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Those fuses for the AC line voltage and transformer.  The DC bus fuse is likely internal to the inverter.
Top Top