Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/19/2024 11:06:43 AM EDT
If you commit 3 felonies with in the course of so many years...you are not capable of being in society with the rest of us.

You have people like Sheldon Johnson who never should have gotten out.

Blame it on what ever you want. But some people don't belong in society.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The problem is what are defined as "felonies".
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember hearing a story of a guy who moved from one state to another because he had two strikes.  I guess you might just be able to keep moving from one state to another to another.  The idea, if I remember right, is if you commit a minor crime after two previous major crimes, they'll throw you in prison for a long time.  

Well, the psychiatrist that destroyed my life and hurt others is still out there, I went to a psychiatric hospital several times because of the drugs he gave me.  The "justice system" is fucking bullshit, and I don't trust it at all.  Let's base a law on baseball, and send people to prison for a long time based on a rule from baseball, brilliant fucking idea.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Exactly. Yes some people screw up and hopefully they learn and can move on and some do.

But ones who don’t learn after the first mistake don’t deserve multiple chances. They will never learn and repeat offenses proves that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:
View Quote

I agree...buying and selling drugs should never be a felony.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:
I remember hearing a story of a guy who moved from one state to another because he had two strikes.  I guess you might just be able to keep moving from one state to another to another.  The idea, if I remember right, is if you commit a minor crime after two previous major crimes, they'll throw you in prison for a long time.  

Well, the psychiatrist that destroyed my life and hurt others is still out there, I went to a psychiatric hospital several times because of the drugs he gave me.  The "justice system" is fucking bullshit, and I don't trust it at all.  Let's base a law on baseball, and send people to prison for a long time based on a rule from baseball, brilliant fucking idea.
View Quote

bro..if you commit 3 violent felonies, we need to access being in public. I am sure you can understand that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Career criminals are a danger to everybody. They must be put away for good.
3 felonies is a more than good enough way to find out who is a career criminal.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By midcap:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Peacefully, harmlessly, and safely possessing and using something shouldn't be a felony.

Neither should flying an RC plane without a license.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Dis-proportionate use on black folks.   It's important that we're talking felonies with some element of violence
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

Peacefully, harmlessly, and safely possessing and using something shouldn't be a felony.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

the FAA is a tyranical fed gov agency
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:16:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: midcap] [#10]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Dis-proportionate use on black folks.   It's important that we're talking felonies with some element of violence
View Quote

that's why I am talking about violent felonies with the 3 strike law.

They used that shit to put blacks in jail for drugs...then they wonder why the nuclear family went to shit in the hood
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Agreed 100%
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:18:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inneedofhelp] [#12]

bro..if you commit 3 violent felonies, we need to access being in public. I am sure you can understand that.
View Quote

Well, yes....I am just too jaded.  I was acting extremely violently when in the withdrawal phase of saphris, an atypical antipsychotic I was on.  There until fairly recently was a website called SSRI stories with stories about horrible experiences on SSRIs and links to news articles of violent crimes/suicides in which it was suspected prescription medications played a role.  There was a story of a young girl from the UK that I read there, she was on some sort of SSRI, and she chased around another girl she was playing with with a hammer while on it.  The girl's mother said "you're dangerous" and she never was able to play with that girl again.  Typical reaction of so many, blame the person not the medication that made them do it.  

It gets better though, I am currently seeing a psychologist, and told that story to him, which prompted him to tell me a story of a guy he once knew, as a friend, who attacked someone while on an SSRI.  His friend was charged, and during the trial tried to explain, to make it part of his defense, that it was because he was on an SSRI.  The judge/jury or whoever didn't care, and sent him to prison for several years.  Fuck this so called "justice system" which is really an injustice system.  I could post another story, not involving SSRIs or prescription medication, it involved a man who was sent to prison for 10 years in a southern state, although he had been framed by a woman who killed another man and then herself.  He was exonerated eventually, by some private investigator types, but he died very shortly after he was released.

I have no faith at all in the American "justice system", nor any others.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Just when I read your opening post and thought, hmmmm I can finally agree with something midcap says...

You have to go and fuck it up with this statement. Selling and buying, heroin, fentynal, crack and any drugs in vast quantities should be considered felonies. Their 1 goal is to make as much money by creating dependents on the poison they sell
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I have about zero faith in the justice system.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:23:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#15]
I remember hearing a story of a guy who moved from one state to another because he had two strikes.  I guess you might just be able to keep moving from one state to another to another.  The idea, if I remember right, is if you commit a minor crime after two previous major crimes, they'll throw you in prison for a long time.  .
View Quote

Las Vegas is full of people who bailed out of CA because they had two strikes. Different State, employment, still close to home.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

Las Vegas is full of people who bailed out of CA because they had two strikes. Different State, employment, still close to home.
View Quote

Good, fuck California's government.  They're all shitty, really though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
I have about zero faith in the justice system.
View Quote

It's now the "Just Us" system. We're not "Us"
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wolfdentd:

Just when I read your opening post and thought, hmmmm I can finally agree with something midcap says...

You have to go and fuck it up with this statement. Selling and buying, heroin, fentynal, crack and any drugs in vast quantities should be considered felonies. Their 1 goal is to make as much money by creating dependents on the poison they sell
View Quote

But big tech and the entertainment industries don't do this?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wolfdentd:

View Quote

Lots of people are being destroyed, even killed, by prescription drugs too.  Some people end up going on a prescription drug and committing suicide while on it, because of how it warps their thoughts and emotions, or afterwards, because of the damage it did to them, which they can no longer live with.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

This right here. OP probably committed 3 felonies in the last year without even knowing it.

Also, so you really think a guy that gets busted passing bad checks or something 3 times is the same a someone who commits multiple assaults, rape, other violent crimes, etc as far as being a threat to society?

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Distributing fentanyl should require a capitol punishment
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#22]

They used that shit to put blacks in jail for drugs...then they wonder why the nuclear family went to shit in the hood
View Quote

This has NOTHING to do with causing the disintegration of the black family--it is but merely a result.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Even when it results in deaths?
Or bodily harm?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:

This right here. OP probably committed 3 felonies in the last year without even knowing it.

Also, so you really think a guy that gets busted passing bad checks or something 3 times is the same a someone who commits multiple assaults, rape, other violent crimes, etc as far as being a threat to society?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:

Selling swiss without holes is a felony.
Reusing a USPS mail bin is a felony punishable by 3 years in prison.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

"Disproportionate" claim has been debunked by using simple facts and statistics.
Any group of people who commits more crimes will get more punishment.

Violence: the unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
I have about zero faith in the leftist justice system.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#27]
3 strikes, I get the argument. 3 isn't that many in the grand scope of things.

Surely something could be done about the people who have been arrested 10+ times though. Why don't we start there?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Agreed.  Death penalty
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#29]
In before the "freedom is scary" Idiots?   Aka OP is correct.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm generally opposed to mandatory minimums, because there should be opportunities for discretion. But if you've been convicted of three felonies, how many did you actually commit before you got caught? Or how many times were you arrested for a felony but got a plea deal?

I'm conflicted. I might support it for violent crimes, where we are actually talking about separate crimes rather than just stacking charges based on a single event.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By missychapo:

"Disproportionate" claim has been debunked by using simple facts and statistics.

Violence: the unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By missychapo:

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I'm a mixed race.
Let me tell you the truth and the fact about nuclear families.  People who just want to have sex, starting at an early age with no mindfulness to control their urges will end up creating single parents. The dad will not accept the responsibility for the kids, and the mom goes on welfare.
No law, racism or any other group of people are responsible for such mindlessness, or lack of dedication to the kids. But the "parents" who created the kid.

Ideally it should be fairly simple. Get a job first, get to a financially secure position, then think about dating, marriage and having kids. It's a lifetime dedication and responsibility. The drive behind it is love, not lust.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't really care I'd it's a violent felony or not.  If you cannot be part of society without repeatedly stealing from, destroying, or degrading the honest folks lives then you shouldn't be out in society.  Either keep them jailed or institutionalized.

I will give everyone ONE fuckup aside from crimes against children or the elderly.  Do your time, learn your lesson, and rejoin society.  But these days we see people who are out on felony bond reoffending before they even have their court date.  Those folks should have NO bond; sit your ass in jail and wait for your day in court so society doesn't have to suffer you.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#35]
i am going at this from a different perspective, if you are not going to be able to live your life without committing multiple offenses against the public and we are going to have to incarcerate you forever, we should save our society a whole lot of money that would be better spent on other things and simply execute the sob.
all inmates (incarcerated individuals) have tons of rights, grievances, educational opportunities, etc ad infinitum and they are a bunch of whiny bitches when they are not getting their way and faced with a weak kneed co/administration/legislature. so why waste the states money? for the record, the new thing is aging out of crime. crime is committed  by the young and when you are 60+ we should release you because the only reason you were locked up is to protect society from you. so no longer a threat because of age set em free. we wont even get into the life without the possibilty of parole should only be 20 years stuff.
i cant say where i work but suffice it to say i have exposure to this bs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

So your ok with someone dumping 100's or 1000's of pounds of narcotics on the streets to say a bunch of kids between the ages of 12 and 18, given the fact that all kids those ages make mistakes and bad choices.  But I'm sure you never made any bad choices did you?  I wonder if your ok if your 10 year old kid accidently ingest some of those drugs while at his friends house.  What if it is your niece or nephew?  Still not a felony?      Violent crime isn't the only crime that harms families and wrecks peoples lives.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I like the concept of "habitual offender" laws which address people who can't stay out of trouble. Michigan's courts just need to have the willpower to use them.

https://www.courts.michigan.gov/4a4b80/siteassets/publications/benchbooks/criminal/crimv2responsivehtml5.zip/index.html#t=Crimv2%2FCh_4_Habitual_Offenders%2FChapter_4_Sentencing_Habitual_Offenders-.htm
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Criminals and their democrat cheerleaders don't like them because they actually work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Good, fuck California's government.  They're all shitty, really though.
View Quote

Unfortunately, they aren't hopping the fence to turn over a new leaf.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Peddling poison should be a felony and two strikes for doing it is good enough for me.

So sick of drugs dealers, violent people, and violent loons going through the revolving door of justice only to create more victims and cost the tax payers money. Hell if you are continually committing misdemeanors we as a society should say we have had enough of you and kick you out of it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Same reason I won't do right turns on red lights no matter how long you honk at me .... they originated in Oregon and California.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#42]
We have a habitual offender charge, rarely gets used though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

That's a very important distinction.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Excellent way for the government to disappear people they don't like.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#45]
It’s a stupid law. If some dipshit stole stuff and got three felonies for it then sending said dipshit to prison for life is well stupid.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

This. 3 violent felonies and you go away for good. I'm sure there are some people on here, that may or may not include myself, that have opened their gun safe and stared at a couple of felonies. Allegedly. But that doesn't mean they need to be removed from society.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 0001:
It's a stupid law. If some dipshit stole stuff and got three felonies for it then sending said dipshit to prison for life is well stupid.

View Quote
No it isn't, that's where they belong.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Same reason I won't do right turns on red lights no matter how long you honk at me .... they originated in Oregon and California.
View Quote

Ummm… what?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#49]
A partial list of Class 6 felonies in AZ, lowest class of felony but still a felony crime.
3-240. Certain violations of seed statutes (see title 3, chapter 2, article 2)
3-370. Certain serious violations of pesticide control statutes (see title 3, chapter 2, article 6)
3-932. Theft of protected native plants (certain violations)
3-2159. Certain poultry slaughter violations (see sections 3-2156, 3-2157, 3-2158 and
3-2161)
3-3113. Employer violation of certain agricultural standards or rules
5-112. Unauthorized legalized wagering (simulcasting of races)
5-115. Removing identifying marks or severely mistreating a racing greyhound
5-349. Watercraft collision; failure to stop and remain at the scene of the collision (accident
caused injury other than serious physical injury or death)
5-391. Removal of factory watercraft identification numbers
5-396. Aggravated operating or actual physical control of a motorized watercraft while
under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs while a person under 15 years of
age is aboard
5-410. Filing a false bingo report
6-133. General banking violations for which another classification is not prescribed (see
title 6)
6-1241. Refusing to make money transmitter records available to attorney general, county
attorney or superintendent
8-128. Violations of adoption statutes (see title 8, chapter 1, article 1)
8-173. Submitting a false claim for services pertaining to adoption assistance agreements
10-202. Making an untrue statement regarding a certificate of disclosure (corporations)
10-3202. Making an untrue statement regarding a certificate of disclosure (nonprofit
corporations)
11-505. Unlawful disclosure of confidential taxpayer info
Class 6 Felonies
-26-
11-1023. Unauthorized release of animals
12-994. Violating a restraining order, injunction or other court order (regarding commercial
property nuisance)
12-1000. Violating an order or notice of removal regarding a clandestine drug laboratory
12-1563. Impeding recovery by action or judgment of personal property
12-2703. Unauthorized practice of immigration and naturalization law
13-1001. Attempt of a class 5 felony
13-1002. Solicitation of a class 4 felony
13-1004. Facilitation of a class 2 or 3 felony
13-1201. Endangerment (involving substantial risk of imminent death)
13-1202. Threatening or intimidating (certain violations)
13-1204. Aggravated assault (certain violations)
13-1205. Unlawfully administering intoxicating liquors, narcotic drug or dangerous drug
13-1212. Prisoner assault with bodily fluids
13-1302. Custodial interference (by parent or parent’s agent)
13-1303. Unlawful imprisonment
13-1402. Indecent exposure (to a person under 15 years of age)
13-1405. Sexual conduct with a minor (15 years of age or older)
13-1411. Bestiality
13-1418. Sexual misconduct by behavioral health professionals
13-1504. Criminal trespass in the first degree (certain violations)
13-1505. Possession of burglary tools
13-1602. Criminal damage (damage of more than $250 but less than $2,000)
Class 6 Felonies
-27-
13-1603. Criminal littering or polluting (certain violations)
13-1604. Aggravated criminal damage
13-1706. Burning of wildlands (knowing or intentional violation during time of extreme fire
hazard)
13-1802. Theft (property or services valued at $1,000 or more but less than $2,000, or theft of
a firearm or dog taken for the purpose of dog fighting)
13-1803. Unlawful use of means of transportation (passenger offense)
13-1805. Shoplifting (property valued $1,000 or more but less than $2,000 or a firearm valued
less than $1,000)
13-1807. Issuing a bad check ( amount of $5,000 or more)
13-1813. Unlawful failure to return a motor vehicle subject to a security interest
13-1816. Unlawful use, possession or removal of theft detection shielding device
13-1817. Unlawful use, possession or alteration of a retail sales receipt or UPC label
13-2003. Criminal possession of a forgery device with intent to commit fraud
13-2004. Criminal simulation
13-2006. Criminal impersonation
13-2103. Receipt of anything of value obtained by fraudulent use of a credit card (property
valued at $250 or more but less than $1,000)
13-2105. Fraudulent use of a credit card (items obtained in any 6-month period valued at $250
or more but less than $1,000)
13-2106. Possession of machinery, plate or other contrivance or incomplete credit card (with
intent to defraud)
13-2108. Fraud by person authorized to provide goods or services (valued at more than $100
in a 6-month period)
13-2109. Credit card transaction record theft (valued at least $500 but less than $1,000)
13-2110. Unlawful possession or use of scanning device or reencoder
13-2204. Defrauding secured creditors
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:21:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#50]
For violent felonies, absolutely. You keep doing evil, you pay a price for that evil. One of the things I hate most, are the drunks who commit traffic accidents, over and over again and nothing happens to them. I was called to one woman, involved in a mvc, who had 5 prior offenses and was still driving. How does that happen? Sure they have to pay some money and do some minor things but a good majority get away with it. Another time I had a drunk lady who hit and killed a drunk pedestrian and all she got was literally a slap on the wrist form the courts. She only got probation for 3 years because the judge/prosecutor said the drunk pedestrian was more drunk than she was. You can't make this stuff up. I can't tell you how many times I transport people to the hospital who were DUI and nothing. I have seen it too many times in just my area I work in and can only imagine how it is over the entire USA.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top