Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 150
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this the thread where someone posted link to the quantum communications from mars “story”??
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oddysey23:
Is this the thread where someone posted link to the quantum communications from mars "story"??
View Quote

That really does not seem familiar.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the thread where someone posted link to the quantum communications from mars "story"??
View Quote
I remember that thread. It happened way before April 2023; previous screen name?
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Was listening to a podcast called physics of the mystics or something like that Jewish guy talking about quantum just wanted to send it off to him to see what he thought maybe he just sent me a chat bot or something
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The thread I remember was based on documents the CIA dumped on their site after declassification. They were transcripts of "remote viewing" sessions where the CIA supposedly hired supposedly clairvoyant folks to try and see things in other areas. Some of the folks described seeing structures and other random things on Mars. If the documents are real, real life Men Who Stare at Goats type stuff.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Been trying to find the story of the dogmen in Washington state at Index.....can't seem to find it
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ranging-by-zipcode] [#7]
Originally Posted By gwitness:
Been trying to find the story of the dogmen in Washington state at Index.....can't seem to find it
View Quote

@gwitness
That's a good story I think I can find it give me a minute
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Seriously, though-

Above Index is only place in the world that I have felt that "fear of imminent death" from an unknown predator(s). I have been all over the place, in lots of hostile situations, and never have felt something like this before or since. But it gets better. First, some background:

To get to Index, you have to turn off the highway and cross a river which separates the town from the surrounding hills. In crossing the bridge, you get this creepy feeling that the bridge is the only way in or out (not true), and that the river is protecting the town from something...else...

The town itself is a nice little place under the shadow of Mount Index, which veritably looms over the town. There's an old wood frame hotel from the 1890's, a church, and some other architectural relics of the long-gone North Cascades gold rush. Index isn't a tourist spot, and is far enough off the highway that it doesn't get any drive-by business. People do live there, and they tend to look warily through their blinds at any vehicle they don't recognize. That's Index.

If you don't take the turn over the bridge into town, the road continues along the river. This is the Index-Galena road. There are cabins and old mobile homes and hunting shacks along the river side of the road. Go a little further, and there's a forest service road to the right. This is Forest Road 6310, or something like that. It climbs up towards Gunn Peak over a series of switchbacks. At the end of the road, there's an old clearcut, with a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

My wife and I (I already posted the wife pics, go find them.) went up there in the early fall once to picnic with a friend, who wanted to get his new XJ Cherokee Laredo up into the mountains to try out his new tires. He was flush with cash at the time, and volunteered with several Search and Rescue groups. Because of this, he had a Whelan full-width light bar with amber strobes mounted on the XJ. (this is important later in the story). We got up to the clearing in the early afternoon, broke out the food, and enjoyed the setting. Did a little plinking, that kind of thing (We had one Glock 17 and an SP-101 in .38 Special between the three of us.) It was a bit cool (we gained a pretty fair amount of elevation getting there), and we knew the temperature was going to drop as soon the shadows deepened. It darkened even more quickly than we expected, and we began to pack everything up. About then, we heard the first howl. It was a distant wolf- but there weren't supposed to be any wolves up here yet (This was the early '90's- they had not yet been reintroduced to the area). "That was cool" we thought. Then I suddenly got a chill down my back. I wheeled around to look at the nearby tree line- although the clearcut was still in dusky light, it was now pitch black in the trees. It hit me right about then- that primal fear. "We have to go. Now." I said. Our friend looked at me and said something like, "You afraid of a stupid wolf?" Then- another howl- in the treeline- not more than twenty yards away. We all looked at each other, collectively blinked once, and didn't waste any time getting into the jeep. Somehow, it was now dark already- and full dark once the road down entered the treeline. We could hear them all over now- even over the noise of the jeep's inline six- but the sound they made wasn't...quite...right... He started picking up the speed on the single lane gravel forest road. I reached forward and hit the switch for the left side scene lights on the light bar. This caused a single halogen lamp to shine on the trunks of trees as they sped past- and showing the reflection of many sets of eyes in the darkness behind the trees, They were moving- tracking our vehicle- which was now doing about 40 on the narrow road. "We'll lose them on this straight" he said, now pushing fifty. I hit the scene light switch again- only trees. Phew! That was silly, I thought. We're in a car, and we get freaked out by some stupid wolves. Great.

Now out of danger, we approach the first switchback- slow down, make the turn- and there ahead of us- about a half dozen HUGE wolves in the road- waiting for us. They had gone straight down the hill to cut us off at the switchback.-then they were gone. What the hell? Now, we're ALL freaked out. Now tearing down the road, sending gravel flying, approaching the next switchback. I had left both side scene lights on at this point, but all they illuminated were the trunks of trees on the sides of the road. I turned them off. We make the turn- nothing -no wolves. Suddenly, I had an idea- I switched on the strobes. Frozen in disco stop motion of the strobes on both sides of the jeep - wolves - EXCEPT THEY WERE ALL STANDING ON TWO FEET, LIKE MEN! They bound off in frozen staccato stop motion- back down the grade- presumably to meet us on the next switchback- and then-

- I don't remember anything else. We were back on highway 2, heading towards Gold Bar. I turned off the strobes.

Stay away from Index after dark
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Make_Mine_Moxie:
The thread I remember was based on documents the CIA dumped on their site after declassification. They were transcripts of "remote viewing" sessions where the CIA supposedly hired supposedly clairvoyant folks to try and see things in other areas. Some of the folks described seeing structures and other random things on Mars. If the documents are real, real life Men Who Stare at Goats type stuff.
View Quote

That was Major Ed Dames.  He was a frequent guest on the old Art Bell radio show.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
Seriously, though-

Above Index is only place in the world that I have felt that "fear of imminent death" from an unknown predator(s). I have been all over the place, in lots of hostile situations, and never have felt something like this before or since. But it gets better. First, some background:

To get to Index, you have to turn off the highway and cross a river which separates the town from the surrounding hills. In crossing the bridge, you get this creepy feeling that the bridge is the only way in or out (not true), and that the river is protecting the town from something...else...

The town itself is a nice little place under the shadow of Mount Index, which veritably looms over the town. There's an old wood frame hotel from the 1890's, a church, and some other architectural relics of the long-gone North Cascades gold rush. Index isn't a tourist spot, and is far enough off the highway that it doesn't get any drive-by business. People do live there, and they tend to look warily through their blinds at any vehicle they don't recognize. That's Index.

If you don't take the turn over the bridge into town, the road continues along the river. This is the Index-Galena road. There are cabins and old mobile homes and hunting shacks along the river side of the road. Go a little further, and there's a forest service road to the right. This is Forest Road 6310, or something like that. It climbs up towards Gunn Peak over a series of switchbacks. At the end of the road, there's an old clearcut, with a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

My wife and I (I already posted the wife pics, go find them.) went up there in the early fall once to picnic with a friend, who wanted to get his new XJ Cherokee Laredo up into the mountains to try out his new tires. He was flush with cash at the time, and volunteered with several Search and Rescue groups. Because of this, he had a Whelan full-width light bar with amber strobes mounted on the XJ. (this is important later in the story). We got up to the clearing in the early afternoon, broke out the food, and enjoyed the setting. Did a little plinking, that kind of thing (We had one Glock 17 and an SP-101 in .38 Special between the three of us.) It was a bit cool (we gained a pretty fair amount of elevation getting there), and we knew the temperature was going to drop as soon the shadows deepened. It darkened even more quickly than we expected, and we began to pack everything up. About then, we heard the first howl. It was a distant wolf- but there weren't supposed to be any wolves up here yet (This was the early '90's- they had not yet been reintroduced to the area). "That was cool" we thought. Then I suddenly got a chill down my back. I wheeled around to look at the nearby tree line- although the clearcut was still in dusky light, it was now pitch black in the trees. It hit me right about then- that primal fear. "We have to go. Now." I said. Our friend looked at me and said something like, "You afraid of a stupid wolf?" Then- another howl- in the treeline- not more than twenty yards away. We all looked at each other, collectively blinked once, and didn't waste any time getting into the jeep. Somehow, it was now dark already- and full dark once the road down entered the treeline. We could hear them all over now- even over the noise of the jeep's inline six- but the sound they made wasn't...quite...right... He started picking up the speed on the single lane gravel forest road. I reached forward and hit the switch for the left side scene lights on the light bar. This caused a single halogen lamp to shine on the trunks of trees as they sped past- and showing the reflection of many sets of eyes in the darkness behind the trees, They were moving- tracking our vehicle- which was now doing about 40 on the narrow road. "We'll lose them on this straight" he said, now pushing fifty. I hit the scene light switch again- only trees. Phew! That was silly, I thought. We're in a car, and we get freaked out by some stupid wolves. Great.

Now out of danger, we approach the first switchback- slow down, make the turn- and there ahead of us- about a half dozen HUGE wolves in the road- waiting for us. They had gone straight down the hill to cut us off at the switchback.-then they were gone. What the hell? Now, we're ALL freaked out. Now tearing down the road, sending gravel flying, approaching the next switchback. I had left both side scene lights on at this point, but all they illuminated were the trunks of trees on the sides of the road. I turned them off. We make the turn- nothing -no wolves. Suddenly, I had an idea- I switched on the strobes. Frozen in disco stop motion of the strobes on both sides of the jeep - wolves - EXCEPT THEY WERE ALL STANDING ON TWO FEET, LIKE MEN! They bound off in frozen staccato stop motion- back down the grade- presumably to meet us on the next switchback- and then-

- I don't remember anything else. We were back on highway 2, heading towards Gold Bar. I turned off the strobes.

View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EastWest:

No, I/we did not go to Gettysburg, due to my wife's exasperation that I might make my life "even more complicated" by having a ghost following me around on social and business dealings.

I still laugh about that! You know, as if I would have had to worry about meeting a client for lunch at a restaurant perhaps a week or too later. Then while discussing business, the client's plate suddenly lifts up about 8 inches off the ground and I have to say, "Uh...sorry about that. I went to a haunted inn in Gettysburg and this stupid ghost has been pestering me ever since! You know, my wife even warned me that something like this might happen."

Thanks for your congratulations! And with grown married kids and young grandkids we are very grateful. However, do you want to know something REALLY scary? I proposed to my wife back in late summer 1983 after knowing her only 5 weeks!
Wow, talk about taking a frightening risk! Of course, that we were older (I was 28 and she was 31 at the time), may have had something to do with it.
View Quote

thats what they say about the bigfeets, dont start messing with em if you not prepared to have em throwing rocks at your house!  interesting coinkidink eh!?

la marzulli claims the BF are part of "the beasts of the earth" Bible passage

seems like a stretch to me, and them just being hybrid, demon thing is simpler.  or an avatar for the demons to indwell, like the greys?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Keep it going
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I hear ya, a long time ago I googled it and the Tavern has quite a story of alleged hauntings.
I do remember my friends at that factory in PA telling me that the place actually had rooms you could reserve for the night(s) where were supposedly some rooms were more haunted than others. I recall laughing and politely saying to them, "And I bet the Tavern's pricing policy for those more haunted rooms, reflects that."
My friends had told me that Farnsworth was supposedly the most haunted location in Gettysburg - and that is saying something!
View Quote

I handle their employee benefits and I remember talking with a young guy who worked there. He was maybe 25 or 26 with a good head on his shoulders; always dressed as a confederate artilleryman.

Anyway, he said he stayed in "Little Johnny's Room" (I think it's called) and he said so much fucked up shit happened, he ran out of there in the middle of the night in his underwear with his clothes over his arm and his boots in his hands. He was dead serious when he told me, too.

He'd kinda dared himself to stay in that particular room for a night to see if what he'd heard was true! LOL

I went to HS with one of the owner's sons and he'd told me about the place even back then; late 70s or early 80s. Pretty cool.

My place has been quiet for a few years, but we've had significant activity here, as have my neighbors. I'm 5 miles north of town, but on a road which didn't see but a small skirmish about 1/4 mile farther north of my place, June 29th or 30th, so nobody thinks the activity is related to the battle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Is this the thread where someone posted link to the quantum communications from mars “story”??
View Quote

I never saw that one.

Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Seriously, though-

View Quote

You should email that to Steve at: [email protected]!

The facts at how to hunt.com is a terrific YT channel where Steve, a fomer big game hunting guide, reads emails about BF and, now, other cryptids (like dogman), as well.

Great channel with a huge following. He's the best at that format, too. The rest are copycats.

Check him out 1st, if you'd like. He won't share your name or any details you don't want him to if you ask that he not.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

The facts at how to hunt.com is a terrific YT channel where Steve, a fomer big game hunting guide, reads emails about BF and, now, other cryptids (like dogman), as well.

Great channel with a huge following. He's the best at that format, too. The rest are copycats.

Check him out 1st, if you'd like. He won't share your name or any details you don't want him to if you ask that he not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Seriously, though-

That reminds me of Mike Minihan's story, may he RIP;

"Back in the winter of 2001 my youngest son and I were on our way from Boise,Idaho to Medford,Oregon.We had taken a car trailer to his old place in Boise in order to haul his non-running Jeep to his new place in Medford.We hit an area of heavy snow in the southern Cascades around 2:00 a.m.It took 45 minutes or so to get down the mountain.We had,of course been drinking coffee to stay alert.
About 25 miles west of the pass it became obvious that the last few quarts of coffee had to be drained.We stopped at a wide spot in the road near a summer tourist haunt,deserted in winter.There is a gas station and ice cream joint on the west side of the road,closed this time of year,and no town or settlement within 30 miles.This is tall timber country,and unsettled.Across the road is a small parking area for the ice cream joint.It is paved and about 200 ft.wide and 80 ft.deep.I pulled in and as I stepped out with .45 on hip,it occurred to me in a flash that grabbing the 590 Mossy would be good.
As we walked to the far end of the area to be well off the road,the hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood on end.The area directly
to our front was open with a depth of 50 yards and a width of 100 yards.The night was clear and cold,8-10 inches of snow on the ground,and with a moon almost full,so we could see quite well.While standing and taking a leak,with son about 15 ft.to my right I saw,as if springing from the earth in front of us across the open area 10 or 12 creatures moving RAPIDLY back and forth in sort of a Thatch weave pattern.These things,not human men,were close to 7 ft.tall,thin,bipedal with long arms,medium length gray fur, and damned fast on their feet.I brought the shotgun up and slid the safety off,as son was drawing his .45.
I don't know if I can adequately explain the overwhelming feeling of menace,but here goes.I had been operating on pure instinct since I had stepped from the pickup,the rotten feeling hit me a split second before the things arrived,the feeling?,instinct?, was that we were prey,and subject to a very bad death,and to be slaughtered and eaten,not a logical process,gut feeling and massively overwhelming.
As they were moving about in front of us,more appeared and mixed among them,all the while running about fast in front of us.Son and I were backing toward the truck,I WOULD NOT present my back to them,and some of them peeled off right and left in an encirclement movement.They were rolling in fast from the sides now,I could smell and feel their presence.We got to the truck loaded on adrenaline and ready to kill,as we both knew we were in grave danger.We piled into the truck,locked doors.I had keys out and ready,as my butt neared the seat, I had the engine lit and trans.in gear and gas pedal mashed in one motion.Adrenaline is great stuff!As we fled,yes fled,something VERY close by let out a ululating scream of rage,and pain.I believe one or more of the group had gotten really close to us in their pursuit and I ran over the foot of one of them,yeah they were that close.We rolled onto the highway and I told son to watch the bed of the pickup as well as the trailer,he already was indexed to the rear with the shotgun.We hauled ass for at least 20 miles before the feeling of grave danger started to abate. The feeling that nailed both of us,as we discussed soon afterward,was one of being prey,and soon to be slaughtered and eaten.I am not easily led,and neither believe or disbelieve all the bigfoot,ghost and werewolf stuff,in fact I am skeptical. Son was speaking with a coworker about 6 months later who had grown up in Prospect,Oregon,about 30 moles south of Union Creek where the incident took place.He asked Jake if he had ever heard of any strange goings-on in the area.Jake went ashy white and pretty much retold the above tale.He says to avoid the place at night.A family friend,a 25 yr.retired cop not given to flights of fancy and an excellent observer, had a tale very similar from a year before.I told my wife of this event of course,she looked at me at the beginning as though I had developed a 3rd eyeball in the center of my forehead.That was from shock,she did believe me,but did not wish to hear any details.She said the tale gave her chills.Me too,as I write this,hair on back of neck and forearms is sticking up.
I have NOT gone back to explore,and would not without a large group of shotgun and flamethrower equipped men with me.
Son and I are both sane,sober persons,and not taken to hysteria.We were wide,VERY wide awake as things transpired.We saw and smelled what was there.As a sidebar neither of us heard footfalls from the creatures.They were silent until i hurt one as we were getting the Hell out of there.
To my knowledge,and I have researched,there is nothing that matches these creatures,unless one considers old legends and folk tales of were creatures. To conclude,I have to fall back on Elmer Keiths famous line,"Hell,I was there"
best regards, Mike Minihan"
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mitchellh:

View Quote

Thank you for re-posting this! I’m pretty sure I read this somewhere in this thread but I have searched for it many times since and was never able to find it again. This and the other one from Index, Washington, two of my favorites.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#20]
It's only a little over three weeks until Halloween. It's that time of year for spooky stories. While it's been many years since I've celebrated Halloween in any meaningful way, I still get in the mood for some scary tales this time of year.

I don't know if I'm sad that I personally can't contribute anything too exciting or relieved that I never experienced anything unexplained.  

This is the best that I have. Sorry if it's lame.

Years ago while working in a shipping and receiving department I had a boss who was kind of out there. She had stories about Ouija board pointers moving completely on their own when she was young.  Of course I'm somewhat skeptical. Anyhow she drew up a Ouija board on a desk and made a makeshift pointer.  There was probably four of us taking turns with the pointer and asking questions. It seemed to know its shit, but of course I believed people were gently nudging it.

A fifth person came back and watched us and she was as skeptical as I. So I came up with the idea for her to ask a question, one in which none of us knew the answer to, and for the others to touch the pointer. She asked "when is my husband's birthday?" The pointer moved quickly off the drawn board and slide about five feet over to where a heart was drawn on the desk and started frantically circling it. We asked "Valentine's day?" We looked up and saw her turn pale and run out of the room. It had a 1/365.25 chance. Chalk a win up for the Ouija board that day.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#21]
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RAL:
It's only a little over three weeks until Halloween. It's that time of year for spooky stories. While it's been many years since I've celebrated Halloween in any meaningful way, I still get in the mood for some scary tales this time of year.

I don't know if I'm sad that I personally can't contribute anything too exciting or relieved that I never experienced anything unexplained.  

Years ago while working in a shipping and receiving department I had a boss who was kind of out there. She had stories about Ouija board pointers moving completely on their own when she was young.  Of course I'm somewhat skeptical. Anyhow she drew up a Ouija board on a desk and made a makeshift pointer.  There was probably four of us taking turns with the pointer and asking questions. It seemed to know its shit, but of course I believed people were gently nudging it.

A fifth person came back and watched us and she was as skeptical as I. So I came up with the idea for her to ask a question, one in which none of us knew the answer to, and for the others to touch the pointer. She asked "when is my husband's birthday?" The pointer moved quickly off the drawn board and slide about five feet over to where a heart was drawn on the desk and started frantically circling it. We asked "Valentine's day?" We looked up and saw her turn pale and run out of the room. It had a 1/365.25 chance. Chalk a win up for the Ouija board that day.
View Quote

That's not lame, that's pretty fuckin' weird.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 8:30:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EastWest] [#23]

I handle their employee benefits and I remember talking with a young guy who worked there. He was maybe 25 or 26 with a good head on his shoulders; always dressed as a confederate artilleryman.

Anyway, he said he stayed in "Little Johnny's Room" (I think it's called) and he said so much fucked up shit happened, he ran out of there in the middle of the night in his underwear with his clothes over his arm and his boots in his hands. He was dead serious when he told me, too.

He'd kinda dared himself to stay in that particular room for a night to see if what he'd heard was true! LOL

I went to HS with one of the owner's sons and he'd told me about the place even back then; late 70s or early 80s. Pretty cool.

My place has been quiet for a few years, but we've had significant activity here, as have my neighbors. I'm 5 miles north of town, but on a road which didn't see but a small skirmish about 1/4 mile farther north of my place, June 29th or 30th, so nobody thinks the activity is related to the battle.
View All Quotes
Yeah I hear ya, a long time ago I googled it and the Tavern has quite a story of alleged hauntings.
I do remember my friends at that factory in PA telling me that the place actually had rooms you could reserve for the night(s) where were supposedly some rooms were more haunted than others. I recall laughing and politely saying to them, "And I bet the Tavern's pricing policy for those more haunted rooms, reflects that."
My friends had told me that Farnsworth was supposedly the most haunted location in Gettysburg - and that is saying something!

@Former11BRAVO
Thanks for this information about the Farnsworth Tavern! I don't think I've been on this thread since the beginning of the year. I very much appreciate your memories of your experience in the late 70s/early 80s, etc. Not sure how well I would have handled that experience that the person you talked to experienced when he attempted to stay in "Little Johnny's Room"  (or whatever the name is), overnight.

Sheeesh - I'll have to tell my wife about it - clearly she was right no tell me to stay the hell away from there!    
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 8:51:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FistPeso] [#24]
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:

thats what they say about the bigfeets, dont start messing with em if you not prepared to have em throwing rocks at your house!  interesting coinkidink eh!?

la marzulli claims the BF are part of "the beasts of the earth" Bible passage

seems like a stretch to me, and them just being hybrid, demon thing is simpler.  or an avatar for the demons to indwell, like the greys?
View Quote

I heard LA say that as well.  I have considered that as a real possibility long before he mentioned it.  I agree they are demonic vessels.  The late Scott Carpenter had a similar thought that they are a staging army that continues to grow.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 9:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FistPeso] [#25]
I was talking with a friend who has been researching Sasquatch for  a long time.  While catching up with him he told me some of the areas we used to investigate, and had activity, have been taken over by very large canine tracks, timber wolf sized, including bipedal tracks.  He told me after the last set of tracks he found, he isn’t going back.  Weird stuff is happening all around us.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RAL:

View Quote

Good share.  Creepy shit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Half way through October and this thread has been dead. It’s time to step it up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Antero:
Half way through October and this thread has been dead. It’s time to step it up.
View Quote

It's always dead this time of year
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Antero:
View Quote

It's 146 pages. Unless new members post, I'm guessing everyone else has already shared their experiences.

Glad to see it isn't achieved, though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll share my experiences. not real creepy now but at the time they were. also, I think I may have told one of them here before. This first one is totally unrelated to the rest, so I'll start there.

These stories are all 100% true. I apologize in advance for any bad grammar. I am not a writer.

I was living with my dad out in the country, about 15 miles from the town I went to high school. When I was 14 ish, I was behind a friend's place, with said friend, hunting. Got a nice buck, and dressed it out and drug it to his house. Loaded it up in the back of his dad's pickup, a 1970 gmc. By this time its completely pitch black outside, so we all hop in (me in the middle) and he starts taking me back to my dads house, about 7 miles away.

we get about 2 miles down the road, and something lights up the sky. I leaned forward and looked to my left, out my friends dads window, and all I could see was an orange-yellow light the color of a ball of fire. It lit up everybody's face in the pickup. as it went over the hill, I was expecting a huge explosion or crash of some kind, because I thought it was a meteor. It got dark again, and nobody was saying anything, which I thought was weird in itself, as I was about to freak out.

Larry, my friends dad, must have sensed this because as I sat there thinking it was impossible to not feel or hear a huge crash, said something to the effect of "You see all kinds of crazy stuff out here at night." After he said that its like Are you fucking serious? I wanted to scream didn't you just see that- and that's all you have to say? But, I didn't. I sat there in silence, freaking out in my own head. Even to this day my buddy never even really wanted to talk about it. He doesn't deny seeing it, but just doesn't want to talk about it. So whatever it was, still creeps me out.
----------

I've not told many people about this, because if it wasn't happening to me, I wouldn't believe it myself.

It all started around the time my grandmother on my dad's side died. She had a rare form of liver cancer. it was terrible.

The First Time:
This happened around the time I was 10. Only reason I know is because you can still look up the flight.

I dreamed one night that I was out in the water off a dock somewhere and an alien spaceship crashed into the water right next to me. Before it crashed into the water, as it was spinning and rotating out of control, the numbers 111 on the side of the craft were lit up. Somehow I knew this meant an airplane crashed off the coast somewhere. The next day at school we were listening to the radio, and they came on saying there was a plane crash off the coast of nova scotia. Swiss Air, flight 111.

The next time my dreams told me something wasn't too long after that, Christmas eve one year. I dreamt I was at a circus or festival of some kind. I walked along the street, only to find a circus tent, that was a cage. big iron bars like a jail cell. sitting on top of the hay bails inside was my great grandfather. He had sunken in cheeks and a thousand yard stare. Christmas morning we got news that my great grandfather had died unexpectedly in his sleep.

This last one was fairly recent. During all the covid stupidity.

My mom and I went to Great Falls, to see my grandfather, as he was in hospice with cancer. He was completely nonresponsive. The whole family was there, and telling stories, and just BSing all day. At two points that day, I looked over at my grandpa, and while he was laying there, I saw a blue orb of some kind, floating just over his body. it was kind of like a ball of lightning. Gently crackling and popping like you could imagine lightning or something electrical doing. I looked around at everyone after each time I saw it, but it was obvious they hadn't seen it. Grandpa died that night after most people left, and it got quiet in his room.

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 3:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Powderfinger] [#31]

"Back in the winter of 2001 my youngest son and I were on our way from Boise,Idaho to Medford,Oregon.We had taken a car trailer to his old place in Boise in order to haul his non-running Jeep to his new place in Medford.We hit an area of heavy snow in the southern Cascades around 2:00 a.m.It took 45 minutes or so to get down the mountain.We had,of course been drinking coffee to stay alert.
About 25 miles west of the pass it became obvious that the last few quarts of coffee had to be drained.We stopped at a wide spot in the road near a summer tourist haunt,deserted in winter.There is a gas station and ice cream joint on the west side of the road,closed this time of year,and no town or settlement within 30 miles.This is tall timber country,and unsettled.Across the road is a small parking area for the ice cream joint.It is paved and about 200 ft.wide and 80 ft.deep.I pulled in and as I stepped out with .45 on hip,it occurred to me in a flash that grabbing the 590 Mossy would be good.
As we walked to the far end of the area to be well off the road,the hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood on end.The area directly
to our front was open with a depth of 50 yards and a width of 100 yards.The night was clear and cold,8-10 inches of snow on the ground,and with a moon almost full,so we could see quite well.While standing and taking a leak,with son about 15 ft.to my right I saw,as if springing from the earth in front of us across the open area 10 or 12 creatures moving RAPIDLY back and forth in sort of a Thatch weave pattern.These things,not human men,were close to 7 ft.tall,thin,bipedal with long arms,medium length gray fur, and damned fast on their feet.I brought the shotgun up and slid the safety off,as son was drawing his .45.
I don't know if I can adequately explain the overwhelming feeling of menace,but here goes.I had been operating on pure instinct since I had stepped from the pickup,the rotten feeling hit me a split second before the things arrived,the feeling?,instinct?, was that we were prey,and subject to a very bad death,and to be slaughtered and eaten,not a logical process,gut feeling and massively overwhelming.
As they were moving about in front of us,more appeared and mixed among them,all the while running about fast in front of us.Son and I were backing toward the truck,I WOULD NOT present my back to them,and some of them peeled off right and left in an encirclement movement.They were rolling in fast from the sides now,I could smell and feel their presence.We got to the truck loaded on adrenaline and ready to kill,as we both knew we were in grave danger.We piled into the truck,locked doors.I had keys out and ready,as my butt neared the seat, I had the engine lit and trans.in gear and gas pedal mashed in one motion.Adrenaline is great stuff!As we fled,yes fled,something VERY close by let out a ululating scream of rage,and pain.I believe one or more of the group had gotten really close to us in their pursuit and I ran over the foot of one of them,yeah they were that close.We rolled onto the highway and I told son to watch the bed of the pickup as well as the trailer,he already was indexed to the rear with the shotgun.We hauled ass for at least 20 miles before the feeling of grave danger started to abate. The feeling that nailed both of us,as we discussed soon afterward,was one of being prey,and soon to be slaughtered and eaten.I am not easily led,and neither believe or disbelieve all the bigfoot,ghost and werewolf stuff,in fact I am skeptical. Son was speaking with a coworker about 6 months later who had grown up in Prospect,Oregon,about 30 moles south of Union Creek where the incident took place.He asked Jake if he had ever heard of any strange goings-on in the area.Jake went ashy white and pretty much retold the above tale.He says to avoid the place at night.A family friend,a 25 yr.retired cop not given to flights of fancy and an excellent observer, had a tale very similar from a year before.I told my wife of this event of course,she looked at me at the beginning as though I had developed a 3rd eyeball in the center of my forehead.That was from shock,she did believe me,but did not wish to hear any details.She said the tale gave her chills.Me too,as I write this,hair on back of neck and forearms is sticking up.
I have NOT gone back to explore,and would not without a large group of shotgun and flamethrower equipped men with me.
Son and I are both sane,sober persons,and not taken to hysteria.We were wide,VERY wide awake as things transpired.We saw and smelled what was there.As a sidebar neither of us heard footfalls from the creatures.They were silent until i hurt one as we were getting the Hell out of there.
To my knowledge,and I have researched,there is nothing that matches these creatures,unless one considers old legends and folk tales of were creatures. To conclude,I have to fall back on Elmer Keiths famous line,"Hell,I was there"
View All Quotes
Seriously, though-

RIP Mike

Do you know what happened to him? I recall reading his story when he originally posted it on the FALFiles.
@mitchellh

I have told of my supernatural experiences before here (maybe in this thread or another similar thread-search function sucks ass). My life was upset many times and I felt at the mercy of whatever force was following me for several years.
It ended when I went fucking ballistic and LOUDLY called out in a diatribe a poltergeist that had plagued my household. It was 5:30 AM and I was leaving for work when an ironing board slammed out of the broom closet and landed about 6 feet away as I passed. Previously, that night my wife and girlfriend were up late chatting and had an experience, for which my wife had awoken me to confront me, thinking I was responsible for what they heard. The friend's little boy asleep in the guest room had his own encounter that night, also.

I've had only 1 weird experience since those days. Our 19 YO cat died on my birthday in 2019. She would cross past out bedroom door on her way to the food or litter box in the wee of the hours and give one loud MEOW to us as was her habit. A couple weeks or so after she died my wife and I were awakened when we plainly heard 1 last loud MEOW.

Some have mentioned telepathy or ESP. My mom has it occasionally. Her grandmother in Sicily was known as a witch and she cursed her son.
My mom's dad. He left for here in 1900 and did ok, but his children all had off kilter lives to one degree or another. Mentally and emotionally.

I was talking to my aunt (her sister) about camping we had all done in the past. I said I recalled 1 trip to Spirit Lake (at Mt. St. Helens) when I was about 6 and wondered why we never went back a second time, since it was such a nice place to camp.
She said "Don't you know?" I said no.
My aunt said my mom said "This place will be wiped from the face of the earth someday" and we never went back.

All told, creepy things are just that, creepy. It all left a bad taste in my mouth and injured my soul.
I hope and pray to not experience them again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Powderfinger:

RIP Mike

Do you know what happened to him? I recall reading his story when he originally posted it on the FALFiles.
@mitchellh

I have told of my supernatural experiences before here (maybe in this thread or another similar thread-search function sucks ass). My life was upset many times and I felt at the mercy of whatever force was following me for several years.
It ended when I went fucking ballistic and LOUDLY called out in a diatribe a poltergeist that had plagued my household. It was 5:30 AM and I was leaving for work when an ironing board slammed out of the broom closet and landed about 6 feet away as I passed. Previously, that night my wife and girlfriend were up late chatting and had an experience, for which my wife had awoken me to confront me, thinking I was responsible for what they heard. The friend's little boy asleep in the guest room had his own encounter that night, also.

I've had only 1 weird experience since those days. Our 19 YO cat died on my birthday in 2019. She would cross past out bedroom door on her way to the food or litter box in the wee of the hours and give one loud MEOW to us as was her habit. A couple weeks or so after she died my wife and I were awakened when we plainly heard 1 last loud MEOW.

Some have mentioned telepathy or ESP. My mom has it occasionally. Her grandmother in Sicily was known as a witch and she cursed her son.
My mom's dad. He left for here in 1900 and did ok, but his children all had off kilter lives to one degree or another. Mentally and emotionally.

I was talking to my aunt (her sister) about camping we had all done in the past. I said I recalled 1 trip to Spirit Lake (at Mt. St. Helens) when I was about 6 and wondered why we never went back a second time, since it was such a nice place to camp.
My aunt said my mom said "This place will be wiped from the face of the earth someday" and we never went back.

All told, creepy things are just that, creepy. It all left a bad taste in my mouth and injured my soul.
View All Quotes
Seriously, though-

RIP Mike

@mitchellh

I'm assuming the wife's girlfriend? If not, you've got a very understanding wife.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Not specifically creepy, more odd/weird.

Several times over the years I've had what would be called a "precognitive" dream, for lack of a better description. It's not a sense of "something is going to happen" shortly before "something" happens to make that clear.

These are distinctly different from deja vu and deja reve, as the dreams have always been of situations they I have never been in before, at any point in my life. The dreams happen roughly 6-9 months before I'm in that same situation and are so oddly specific and vivid. I don't get a clear picture of the people involved, but I do get roughly 5-10 seconds of the entire scene from my perspective. Conversations, actions(people, animals, inanimate objects) and full sensory information.

To describe it better, try to remember and picture 5-10sec of something you did early today. Focus on trying to recreate the 5 senses, conversations, what you and other people were doing. Basically an instant replay. That's what I get in one of these dreams.

One could argue that these "dreams" are really just my brain making an amalgamation of past experiences shaped by knowing I'm going to be doing something in the future a few months out and that it really is just deja vu/reve.
I can't argue against that being the case, but there have been a few that just don't line up with that.

For example:
A few months before I went to bootcamp, I dreamed of pulling up to a building in a police car, getting out with a rifle, walking into a big metal building, it was cold in the building and a giant thermometer on the wall showed -10F.

What this turned out to be, was me on one of my first days at Eglin AFB, going to the McKinley Climatic lab. The element of the climatic lab I might have known in some deep recess, as I grew up 45min away from Eglin. But that would have just been the name, as until the USAF, I had never been on the base or known the size of the building. As for the police car and gun, I can't think of a way I would have known that because I didn't join the USAF with the intention of being Security Forces or even carrying a gun. I was an idiot and accidentally marked Open General in basic, which is how I ended up carry a gun for my enlistment.

Next was two dreams, of jumping out of a slowing moving small SUV like vehicle, chasing and catching lizards, next to some trees along a road in the desert. First dream I didn't catch the lizard, second dream I did. About a month later, I get orders to Ali a Salem Air Base Kuwait.
Sure enough, about 6 months after those dreams, there I am jumping out of Kia Sorento chasing lizards at Kuwait International Airport, which incidentally has trees along the perimeter road, in a desert.

The thing is, aside from a deployment to Al Udeid, Qatar, I've never been to a desert in my life, nor have I chased 2ft lizards. No trees, lizards or Kia's at the base in Qatar either. I didn't even know I was going to be working at the Airport(with the trees in the desert) until a few days after being at Salem.
As it was, the first day of the lizard hunt was unsuccessful because the sense of familiarity and realizing I had dreamed this, threw me off. The next day was a success, because when I got that same feeling, I just went along with it.

There are a few more over the years mostly dealing with stuff in the military, but those two are the standouts. I still have them on occasion, but there is often enough overlap with prior experiences that I dismiss them. Every now and again I do get one that is novel and the sensation of realization isn't enough to jar me in the moment anymore.

As far as neurological/psychological conditions, I don't have epilepsy or seizures, not schizo or bipolar, no issue with memory or cognition. No history of those in the family either.

It's just weird, I can't explain it to myself.

Also, I've had these before and after being partially struck by lightning, so I don't think that has anything to with it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I'm assuming the wife's girlfriend? If not, you've got a very understanding wife.
View Quote

Yeah, hers...My wife is not that liberal.

Proofreading is fundamental.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FistPeso:
I was talking with a friend who has been researching Sasquatch for  a long time.  While catching up with him he told me some of the areas we used to investigate, and had activity, have been taken over by very large canine tracks, timber wolf sized, including bipedal tracks.  He told me after the last set of tracks he found, he isn’t going back.  Weird stuff is happening all around us.
View Quote

ummmm afraid to ask, what state and area to avoid?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#36]
I remember reading a story about something the guy called Treeman and it was attacking his house,  probably about 8 years ago . Anyone else remember that one?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

When I first read it, I thought you meant it as a friend of yours that's a girl but then I read it again and figured you meant your wifes friend.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Several times over the years I've had what would be called a "precognitive" dream, for lack of a better description. It's not a sense of "something is going to happen" shortly before "something" happens to make that clear.

These are distinctly different from deja vu and deja reve, as the dreams have always been of situations they I have never been in before, at any point in my life. The dreams happen roughly 6-9 months before I'm in that same situation and are so oddly specific and vivid. I don't get a clear picture of the people involved, but I do get roughly 5-10 seconds of the entire scene from my perspective. Conversations, actions(people, animals, inanimate objects) and full sensory information.

View Quote

My son and I both experience this.  We had a conversation about it about 10 years ago on the way to take him to school when he was 6 or 7.  It started with him asking me if I ever dreamed the future and we talked the rest of the way about deja vu and how we both have this happen pretty often.  I dreamt about a pretty bad car accident I was in the night before it happened.  I even considered staying home that day, but did not.  Most of the time, the dream is several weeks or months past when the actual event takes place, but I once dreamt about an event and woke up to experience it immediately.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
okay haven't added anything in a while.
back on page 35 i posted about a weird dream followed by a very odd stranger whom i gave a ride to. some people have brought it up that it may have been god/satan/demon/angel or death. i kinda stopped wondering. it was probably just a normal event that i perceived weirdly. here is the original story:

Originally Posted By FDrifting:

Okay here's one that a dream last night made me think of. About 12 years ago i was 16, one night i had a very strange dream. I was at a doorway and when i stepped through there was this entity there, a silhouette in the shape of a person. it had dark circles where its eyes were and a dark opening for a mouth. it was very slender and had abnormally long fingers, or nails not sure. Anyways, i decide to ask this thing what it wants, it tells me it needs my help for something very important. I ask if it's going to hurt me and it laughs at me for this and said "no you are important to me, i will not hurt you". so i relax a little bit and then ask, "who are you?" it responds, "i'm nobody, but i'm also a little bit of everybody". it waves me off and disappears, before i leave it calls out "you are too kind". i step out the doorway and wake up later.
went about my day like normal, everything was fine.
about a week later i stopped at a nearby hess to get a soda, i talked to the cashier for a bit who i've gotten to know since i started driving, and this man walks in on his cell phone, he looked homeless... well not homeless, but just really rough around the edges. he tells the cashier he got a call that his wifes at the hospital and he's freaking out and has no car. after some convincing he said he'd give me $20 to take him which was literally 3 miles away, me being a young idiot agreed. he gets in the car and immediately gives off weird vibes, but doesn't say a word. I notice after driving for a little he's just staring at me, with a smirk on his face. i was incredibly creeped out. I finally arrive at the hospital and he gets out and thanks me.
he says "i knew you would help me," and gave me a big smile
i stare at him with a weird look and and he softly says to me "you are too kind." and he walks away towards the hospital doors
at this point i promptly drove off quickly and spent the rest of the night trying to figure out what the fuck i just did. i've convinced myself it was merely a coincidence with the dream thing but others have said different.

Back to current story:
since then very sparsely i've seen the same thing in my dream. i've come to be okay with this thing. i talk to it like i would a distant relative i've never met. just awkward conversation. it usually doesn't answer much.
back in november i got sick, and i mean real sick. throwing up and shitting non stop so badly for about 11 days. i kept trying to walk it off but finally went to the ER. i contracted C Diff (so fucking nasty), and it caused my appendix to explode. i was prepped for surgery and put under the next morning.
they told me "no big deal" we'll be "in and out" yadda yadda. i felt like it'd all be great.
i'm not sure if it was while i was out i had this dream, or after in recovery but the sugery took its toll on me badly. they had to literally pull all my insides out and clean them off on a car with a hose to get all the fecal matter off them.
the stranger comes back (this is what i call him now). asks how i feel and if i'm okay. i tell him i'm not good and i don't feel well. i told him i was scared because i've never had sugery before and i was afraid of death (i'm only 28 so it scares me). he chuckled and said "don't have fear, it's not your time yet, no worries" and he waves me off.
i recovered although i was in hell. 10 days in the hospital, lots of complications. once it was all over doctors start saying "wow that was a close one", "wow you're really lucky". "we were really worried about you".  turns out i was in pretty bad damn shape. it was supposed to be freaking simple.
anyway i looked at the experience and found it kind of comforting. i feel like someone is looking over me.
fast forward to last week: i work as a glazer installing various glass objects. windows/sliders/showers/tables etc. i have a dream about the stranger and he just says "not your time" i ask him to be more specific and he waves me off.
the next day we are pulling out windows. some old things from the 70's. the glass is 1/8" double strength. you can cut yourself so badly on it. i was trying to get the glass out and it wouldn't budge so i decided to cut the glass out. i score an "X" with the cutter and go outside to setup some scaffolding. i grab the first few pieces and walk over to the side of the house and i hear a "tink" i look up and flinch because i see something falling. somehow the scores in the glass had gotten runs (which usually requires me to give it a good tap with my tape measurer.
it falls and lands about  8 inches in front of me and some digs into the ground while most breaks into smaller pieces. i stare like an idiot and a though in my head whsipers, "not your time".
i swear this shit keeps getting interesting.
View Quote

@FDrifting have you seen The Stranger any more / recently?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ecirp:

@FDrifting have you seen The Stranger any more / recently?
View Quote
Oh man I forgot about this thread! I've been gone since like page 60 lol.

No dreams of any sort relating to him odd enough which is fine. One thing to note is that I haven't been up to my families cabin in a few years now which I've posted about in here before I think. Place had some insane vibes and while nothing extremely overtly supernatural happened there, a lot of things like doors opening on their own, sensation of someone standing over your shoulder and absurd fear whenever you were alone in the basement and the feeling of eyes on you. My parents sold the place last year so I'll never be back. The place was built over the grounds on which an old steel mill was during the 1800's so I always assumed some unlucky bastards met their demise due to non existent safety standards.

I don't remember when I stopped having the dreams or how closely it was to when I stopped visiting the cabin but I've wondered a lot if there's correlation. It seemed like there were a lot of things that felt weird in my life but heck nothing remotely creepy in my dreams which is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JavaHiGH:

My son and I both experience this.  We had a conversation about it about 10 years ago on the way to take him to school when he was 6 or 7.  It started with him asking me if I ever dreamed the future and we talked the rest of the way about deja vu and how we both have this happen pretty often.  I dreamt about a pretty bad car accident I was in the night before it happened.  I even considered staying home that day, but did not.  Most of the time, the dream is several weeks or months past when the actual event takes place, but I once dreamt about an event and woke up to experience it immediately.
View All Quotes

Einstein believed that "time" - as we commonly understand it - does not actually exist.  He described it as "a stubbornly persistent illusion."

I often wonder if what we think of as "past, present, and future" actually exist side by side, simultaneously.

If such a thing were true, it would have some radical implications for our whole understanding of the universe, of course.

And it would certainly help to explain things like "precognition."
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Nice to know that I'm not the only one that experiences this apparently.

The inability to explain it, bugs me more than the fact that it happens.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#43]

To describe it better, try to remember and picture 5-10sec of something you did early today. Focus on trying to recreate the 5 senses, conversations, what you and other people were doing. Basically an instant replay. That's what I get in one of these dreams.

One could argue that these "dreams" are really just my brain making an amalgamation of past experiences shaped by knowing I'm going to be doing something in the future a few months out and that it really is just deja vu/reve.
I can't argue against that being the case, but there have been a few that just don't line up with that.

For example:
A few months before I went to bootcamp, I dreamed of pulling up to a building in a police car, getting out with a rifle, walking into a big metal building, it was cold in the building and a giant thermometer on the wall showed -10F.

What this turned out to be, was me on one of my first days at Eglin AFB, going to the McKinley Climatic lab. The element of the climatic lab I might have known in some deep recess, as I grew up 45min away from Eglin. But that would have just been the name, as until the USAF, I had never been on the base or known the size of the building. As for the police car and gun, I can't think of a way I would have known that because I didn't join the USAF with the intention of being Security Forces or even carrying a gun. I was an idiot and accidentally marked Open General in basic, which is how I ended up carry a gun for my enlistment.

Next was two dreams, of jumping out of a slowing moving small SUV like vehicle, chasing and catching lizards, next to some trees along a road in the desert. First dream I didn't catch the lizard, second dream I did. About a month later, I get orders to Ali a Salem Air Base Kuwait.
Sure enough, about 6 months after those dreams, there I am jumping out of Kia Sorento chasing lizards at Kuwait International Airport, which incidentally has trees along the perimeter road, in a desert.

The thing is, aside from a deployment to Al Udeid, Qatar, I've never been to a desert in my life, nor have I chased 2ft lizards. No trees, lizards or Kia's at the base in Qatar either. I didn't even know I was going to be working at the Airport(with the trees in the desert) until a few days after being at Salem.
As it was, the first day of the lizard hunt was unsuccessful because the sense of familiarity and realizing I had dreamed this, threw me off. The next day was a success, because when I got that same feeling, I just went along with it.

There are a few more over the years mostly dealing with stuff in the military, but those two are the standouts. I still have them on occasion, but there is often enough overlap with prior experiences that I dismiss them. Every now and again I do get one that is novel and the sensation of realization isn't enough to jar me in the moment anymore.

As far as neurological/psychological conditions, I don't have epilepsy or seizures, not schizo or bipolar, no issue with memory or cognition. No history of those in the family either.

It's just weird, I can't explain it to myself.

Also, I've had these before and after being partially struck by lightning, so I don't think that has anything to with it.
View Quote

I used to experience this exact thing relatively frequently. When I was a kid it would happen maybe once every month or two. Most of the time it was seemingly mundane things. I’ve read how they think deja vu is a product of prior memories being stitched together, but like you, I’ve had it involve things I wouldn’t yet experience. For example, one involved a situation where my mom was in a wheelchair but I had the dream prior to her stroke.

They used to be fairly frequent things but I can’t say when the last time I had one was. Oddly enough, I can pinpoint when they started to go away. I decided that when I recognized one was happening, I would try to do something deliberately different than the dream (say something different, go somewhere different, or even just make a different gesture).

I often wonder if me rejecting the situation made me lose some special ability.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:55:03 AM EDT
[#44]
reading this thread and lurking this site for years
im from rural alaska and have a ton of first and second hand stories from UFO, ghosts, bigfoot and plain creepy stuff.
i will start with little people, im from a small town of about 40 people on the yukon. we have little people who are about 3 feet tall and tricksters. theyre considered to be magical is the way to put it. they lure intoxicated people to their homes inside of mountains where time doesnt pass or exist, they bother your belongings. my parents planned a trip to vegas one winter and arranged my two older sisters and I to stay at my aunts. mind you its rural Alaska and winters are very dark, i fell asleep downstairs on the couch as i was about 10 years old on a school night about 8pm. my aunt left me to sleep and normally i would wake up in the morning when everyone else did. They had a very young aussie shepard type dog they put into a metal wire cage at night inside the entrance to the interior porch. i was awoken by the dog barking, going absolutely bat shit, then i hear this little leprechaun laugh and something dragging across the cage. i sit up on the couch to see if what im hearing is real, i froze in the moment and listened to this "little person" terrorize the dog in the cage and laugh hysterically until i built up the courage to high tail it across the dining room and upstairs to awaken my aunt. i have never ran so fast in my life and will never forget the laugh and hearing it bother the dog. i read this thread nightly and will contribute to it and let you all experience the stories ive personally experienced or heard myself, i will not tell the stories i dont think are very credible.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By alaskuatch:
im from rural alaska and have a ton of first and second hand stories from UFO, ghosts, bigfoot and plain creepy stuff.
i will start with little people, im from a small town of about 40 people on the yukon. we have little people who are about 3 feet tall and tricksters. theyre considered to be magical is the way to put it. they lure intoxicated people to their homes inside of mountains where time doesnt pass or exist, they bother your belongings. my parents planned a trip to vegas one winter and arranged my two older sisters and I to stay at my aunts. mind you its rural Alaska and winters are very dark, i fell asleep downstairs on the couch as i was about 10 years old on a school night about 8pm. my aunt left me to sleep and normally i would wake up in the morning when everyone else did. They had a very young aussie shepard type dog they put into a metal wire cage at night inside the entrance to the interior porch. i was awoken by the dog barking, going absolutely bat shit, then i hear this little leprechaun laugh and something dragging across the cage. i sit up on the couch to see if what im hearing is real, i froze in the moment and listened to this "little person" terrorize the dog in the cage and laugh hysterically until i built up the courage to high tail it across the dining room and upstairs to awaken my aunt. i have never ran so fast in my life and will never forget the laugh and hearing it bother the dog. i read this thread nightly and will contribute to it and let you all experience the stories ive personally experienced or heard myself, i will not tell the stories i dont think are very credible.
View Quote

Welcome to ARFCOM, and thanks for contributing to this thread.

I find accounts of encounters with “little people” the most intriguing of paranormal topics.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Welcome indeed~ and this is one helluva thread to get you to sign up to share your stories! Looking forward to them all
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

And your Aunt said...?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By airbender:

ummmm afraid to ask, what state and area to avoid?
View Quote

That was in east Texas.  But he is currently doing things in Oklahoma with the same type of shit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Welcome let’s hear the stories!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Yes, welcome to our site.

We would like to hear more stories.

As regards "little people," they are a feature of the legends of my ancestors from Ireland also.
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top