Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/15/2024 7:33:34 PM EDT
I stopped by one of my local farms once a week for raw milk, fresh farm eggs, and they their own beef we stock up on. No milk today because the vet put a pause on it due to Bird Flu. Yet, there has not been one case in New England. Needless to say I call bullshit. She hopes this is temporary and they will be selling raw milk again shortly. I am not feeling it. Bird Flu has been around for a couple years, Killed many birds and nothing in the news. The transmission to cows happened last year and again nothing in the news. Only one person has gotten it. Why now? Let me ponder that as I look at the calendar. Oh yeah, it is an election year.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Raw milk is drank by hippies and communists
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
View Quote

I get it free from my neighbor and I am neither a hippie or communist.

Free>$5/gallon every day of the week.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
A local dairy sells their raw milk in a supermarkets and smaller food store in my area.  I like it for making cheese.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Dont care.

If people want to sell it they should be able too.

PA is heavily targeting the amish famers right now.  The war to consolidate food under a public/private partnership is real.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
No fucking way I'm drinking raw milk.

It's pasteurized for a reason it can kill you. Hell dairies have data that calf heath improved when fed waste milk that was pasteurized on farm in small batch pasteurized.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You consume a gallon of milk per day?

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It's literally poop milk .

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
GOMAD or go home brah.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Hardcore cheese maker
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Oh your trolling is just getting sad and lazy

STEP THAT SHIT UP
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet that stuff would make great kefir.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Freedom be scary yo
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

My family consumed more than that back when my brother and I were teenagers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:

It's pasteurized for a reason it can kill you. Hell dairies have data that calf heath improved when fed waste milk that was pasteurized on farm in small batch pasteurized.

View Quote

None of what you just posted is at all true.  You should feel bad and the world should mock you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Time to do what other raw milk dairies are doing- label it as for animal use only, not for human consumption.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Why would anyone want to drink raw milk?  It has really high fat contact and tastes like buttermilk.  My relatives were Wisconsin dairy farmers. The milk went from the cows to the bulk tank to be chilled.  I remember going to the barn with a pitcher to collect the milk from the tank.  If you are not used to raw milk, it is very hard on your stomach.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:12:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#17]
Is there such a thing as raw skim milk?

I would try some.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
What county in NH? Havnt heard about this and I work with several raw milk types in Coos county
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By LowBeta:
I bet that stuff would make great kefir.
View Quote

I drink raw milk kefir everyday from a company called Raw Farms. It’s sold as pet food in Nevada cause laws are stupid but stocked right next to all the other kefir.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Just started making cheese. Can't get raw milk in Ohio.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IH1026] [#21]
Originally Posted By hp6:
Why would anyone want to drink raw milk?  It has really high fat contact and tastes like buttermilk.  My relatives were Wisconsin dairy farmers. The milk went from the cows to the bulk tank to be chilled.  I remember going to the barn with a pitcher to collect the milk from the tank.  If you are not used to raw milk, it is very hard on your stomach.
View Quote

I grew up on raw milk.. because that's what we had.  Landlords sold their cows and we had to buy pasteurized milk and we all got sick from it.  

ETA.  Most of the butterfat comes from the Jersey breed.. Holsteins are low in butterfat.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:23:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saber7] [#22]
Originally Posted By FunnyStar:
I stopped by one of my local farms once a week for raw milk, fresh farm eggs, and they their own beef we stock up on. No milk today because the vet put a pause on it due to Bird Flu. Yet, there has not been one case in New England. Needless to say I call bullshit. She hopes this is temporary and they will be selling raw milk again shortly. I am not feeling it. Bird Flu has been around for a couple years, Killed many birds and nothing in the news. The transmission to cows happened last year and again nothing in the news. Only one person has gotten it. Why now? Let me ponder that as I look at the calendar. Oh yeah, it is an election year.
View Quote

Damn.  They don't want us to self vax for the bird flu with raw milk...so they can push their next vaccine.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Homogeneous milk is for gays.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

That's not what I meant when I typed that but I understand why it would be interpreted that way. Lol

I do have three kids though, so sometimes a gallon a day happens. We usually get a half gallon or a gallon every day.

I don't know if I'd trust raw milk from a big dairy where the milk from all the cows gets mixed together.

When there's only one cow it's easier to notice if there's an infection starting in one year or some other issue that would make you not want to drink the milk.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#25]
I do not go out of my way to drink raw milk (Infact I don't think I ever tried it, but I don't exactly keep a logbook of all the milk I drink as I'm sure some here do). I would not refuse raw milk if it was offered to me, though I would still probably continue to not seek it out. I have no problem with people who drink raw milk. I have a much bigger problem with those who do have the aforementioned problem.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:

View Quote

Yes, pasteurizing serves a purpose. It makes it more difficult to tell by smell when milk has biologically spoiled.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I was going to disagree by citing the plethora of Messicans that drink that shit with Vodka or Tequila. Then I thought about it. You're right
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Its interesting that the government is more effective at controlling raw milk than Narcotics.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CryptoMan:

Freedom be scary yo
View All Quotes

Freedom be scary yo

Drink all the raw milk you want. I don’t care. Just agree that you will pay any medical bills resulting from drink raw milk. You cannot use group insurance or ask society to pay the bills.

Freedom be scary yo.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bat15:

Drink all the raw milk you want. I don't care. Just agree that you will pay any medical bills resulting from drink raw milk. You cannot use group insurance or ask society to pay the bills.

Freedom be scary yo.
View Quote
Can we ban sugar as well?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Freedom makes your vagina itch and burn?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Drink all the raw milk you want. I don’t care. Just agree that you will pay any medical bills resulting from drink raw milk. You cannot use group insurance or ask society to pay the bills.

Freedom be scary yo.
View All Quotes

Freedom be scary yo

Freedom be scary yo.

When did they start pasteurizing milk and how did anyone survive before that? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and should really just stop. It makes you look stupid and irrational. Those are not good traits in a man.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#33]

Freedom be scary yo.
View Quote

If you happen to accidentally shoot yourself with your own gun (I know, I know, noone on ARFCOM would ever be so stupid as to do that. Just roll with the hypothetical for now.) That you yourself willingly chose to own against the professional advice of the healthcare comunity, hope you know how to patch up your own gunshot wounds.
Why it'd be outright communist of you to expect the wise, gun-hating people of NY, NJ, CO, CA, MA, and a plethora of other responsible citizens to pay for your treatment through their insurance premiums.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#34]
What magical properties does unpasteurized milk possess?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank god our ancestors were not such pussies about food or we wouldn't be here today.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Freedom be scary yo.
View Quote

It's amazing how many people grew up drinking milk from a cow in their yard and had no ill effects.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Freedom be scary yo.
View Quote

In that case exclude the old and the fat.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

Hardcore cheese maker
View Quote

No whey!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Riply21:

Drink all the raw milk you want. I don't care. Just agree that you will pay any medical bills resulting from drink raw milk. You cannot use group insurance or ask society to pay the bills.

Freedom be scary yo.

Did I say to ban raw milk?

People don’t get sick from eating foods with a lot of sugar in them. Eating too much may make them fat and lead to other medical issues. Eating candy, cake etc in moderation does not make you sick. About 20 years ago, some companies wanted to add a surcharge to health insurance if you were grossly overweight. At the time it was not allowed but I think it should be allowed just like a smoking surcharge.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:

If you happen to accidentally shoot yourself with your own gun (I know, I know, noone on ARFCOM would ever be so stupid as to do that. Just roll with the hypothetical for now.) That you yourself willingly chose to own against the professional advice of the healthcare comunity, hope you know how to patch up your own gunshot wounds.
Why it'd be outright communist of you to expect the wise, gun-hating people of NY, NJ, CO, CA, MA, and a plethora of other responsible citizens to pay for your treatment through their insurance premiums.
View All Quotes

Freedom be scary yo.

Apples and oranges.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#41]

Apples and oranges.
View Quote

How so? Both are activities that you willingly chose to participate in that may possibly result in your injury or death and others having to pay for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Milk sucks and raw milk sucks more than usual. That said fuck the out of control state.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AlexAdams43:

When did they start pasteurizing milk and how did anyone survive before that? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and should really just stop. It makes you look stupid and irrational. Those are not good traits in a man.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlexAdams43:

Freedom be scary yo

Freedom be scary yo.

We pasteurize milk to prevent disease. Do you think our ancestors decided to pasteurized milk on a whim?

Why we pasteurized milk.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Milk sucks and raw milk sucks more than usual. That said fuck the out of control state.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Might be surprised how many 2A BAMFer don't look or think like you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:

Freedom be scary yo.

People who are grossly fat because of overeating and or lack of exercise should pay higher premiums. Health insurance for people over 65 was more expensive. The higher cost was addressed with Medicare. I guess you think older people should be punished because they are old.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Ranxerox911:
View Quote

Cheese making and cream for starters.  Make you some butter with regular milk.  But I understand why you insist on the Homo D.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#48]

How so? Both are activities that you willingly chose to participate in that may possibly result in your injury or death and others having to pay for it.
View All Quotes

Apples and oranges.

Do you think a high percentage of people on this forum shot themselves by accident? Drinking raw milk is a known risk that cannot be mitigated by training. Unless you see a sick animal, you cannot tell if the milk is contaminated or not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#49]
50 or 60 years ago consuming raw milk was common on farms and small towns, now with the proliferation of antibiotic resistant bacteria in most of the agricultural community it probably isn't a good idea to drink raw milk.  sooner or later you will get some kind of rapidly reproducing antibiotic resistant bacteria.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ranxerox911:
View Quote

I'm curious about that too, but it appears to be Serious Business(TM) for some people.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top