Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2024 7:40:23 PM EDT
Purchased a 2014 Silverado LTZ from an estate that came with only one fob and one key.

Need a spare, and would like to replace the existing remote/fob as has that common GM "melted" look and feel.

Our local Chevy dealer service department closed in the last few weeks and the dealership itself is closing to make way for highway expansion.
If the best answer is a GM dealer, I'll make the drive to the next closest (45 minutes) to purchase them.

From Google, one detail that is said to be important is that the truck does have the remote start function.  

Any guidance greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:33:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goostoff] [#1]
Amazon. I get a lot of trade ins where people have lost the FOBs or broken them. You can usually get a 2 pack on amazon for under $30

ETA: link for amazon   remote start fob corrected link I'm guessing this is the one you need
If you have a FOB most of the time you can enter program mode by turning on ignition to run position, and then push and hold down the lock and unloch buttons at the same time. Usually the doors will lock and then unlock, and remote learn will come up on the screen
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:20:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerret_S] [#3]
I just got my c6 corvette one from Amazon. Ordered it last year and finally got it last month (backordered).

The fob part # is the number on the back of the fob, just Google it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
eBay
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:51:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UtahShotgunner] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
Amazon. I get a lot of trade ins where people have lost the FOBs or broken them. You can usually get a 2 pack on amazon for under $30

ETA: link for amazon    14 silverado remote start  I'm guessing this is the one you need
If you have a FOB most of the time you can enter program mode by turning on ignition to run position, and then push and hold down the lock and unloch buttons at the same time. Usually the doors will lock and then unlock, and remote learn will come up on the screen
View Quote

EDIT: If anyone else reads this later, the linked fobs do not work for Remote Start vehicles.  
Picture and description do not match.

I have ordered a fob body from Amazon to swap the electronics from the one that came with the truck.
Will order a couple complete fobs from the links here.  

It was unclear to me if the 2014 was self programmable, but your description of how to do so matches what I read elsewhere.  
That was why I mentioned visiting a dealer.

This discussion lead me to another question.  
Is the key a transponder type?   The one I have is not marked in any way.  
Need to get keys to go with the new fobs.

EDIT II:  Found answer for keys and ordering a couple.
They ARE transponder style.  2014 appears to be a transition year, or GM was not consistent across models.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:32:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goostoff] [#6]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

EDIT: If anyone else reads this later, the linked fobs do not work for Remote Start vehicles.  
Picture and description do not match.

I have ordered a fob body from Amazon to swap the electronics from the one that came with the truck.
Will order a couple complete fobs from the links here.  

It was unclear to me if the 2014 was self programmable, but your description of how to do so matches what I read elsewhere.  
That was why I mentioned visiting a dealer.

This discussion lead me to another question.  
Is the key a transponder type?   The one I have is not marked in any way.  
Need to get keys to go with the new fobs.

EDIT II:  Found answer for keys and ordering a couple.
They ARE transponder style.  2014 appears to be a transition year, or GM was not consistent across models.
View Quote

Apologies if the link was incorrect. All I saw was that they were not compatible with push button start.

This one with remote start should be the correct one. Just goes to show that you shouldnt just trust pictures.

ETA: fixed the link in my original post
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My key fob story goes like this......

2017 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 hemi

Came with 1 key from the dealer.

Dealer wanted another 3 hundred bucks for another key.

Found seller on Amazon that had factory OEM Mopar keys for $70.

Took key to locksmith that had the ability to program the factory key, and cut the profile on the hidden key.

Key fob was programmed, and was tested for all functions...remote start....lock/unlock....panic....the hidden key was cut and checked.....etc.

Paid $70 for the key programming. Gave a $10 tip.

So for $150 total I have a programmed factory key fob that works perfect.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:01:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blueinterceptor] [#8]
Disregard
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
View Quote

I fell outside "most of the time".  

Cannot get the truck to show Remote Learn, so it looks like it is time for a professional.
Top Top