Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/1/2024 6:22:49 PM EDT
The avian flu situation is evolving daily now. Farmers and ranchers are starting to show "bird flu-like symptoms," but they aren't getting tested. Nobody is forcing them, either. The USDA is inspecting ground beef, but only in states with outbreaks in dairy cows, and only because other countries started rejecting our beef. As one epidemiologist told Scientific American, "We don't have a good sense of the spread because testing is voluntary and certainly not being done in a systematic way."

Avian flu has been spreading for months in cattle, and none of our government institutions can tell us anything except, "Don't panic."

It's pathetic.

According to STAT News: "The United States even has some H5 vaccine in a stockpile that it believes would offer protection against the version of the H5N1 virus infecting dairy cattle, though there would not be nearly enough doses for the entire country." Yes, they believe it would.

They don't know?

I mean, it's their job to know. We pay these people a third of our money, and that money is specifically meant for them to know these kinds of things and prepare for them. Instead, what do we get?

"Don't panic."

Bird flu was spreading all last year, working its way up the mammalian food chain. Our politicians were too busy worrying about TikTok and Chinese weather balloons. They completely dropped the ball on this one.

We're told that bird flu isn't spreading among humans "at this time," but it "could" at some point in the future. Well, it's been jumping to every other mammal, including a dolphin.

Even a story in U.S. News has to admit that "no studies have ever been done on the effects of pasteurization on bird flu virus in milk." They say, "Experts believe pasteurization... should kill the virus."

Ah. They believe it should kill the virus.

Don't panic, though.

Look around. Nobody is panicking. Do you see anyone panicking? I see a lot of people confused, upset, and a little angry. They're not angry about the bird flu. They're angry at bureaucratic incompetence. But I don't see anyone screaming in terror at the sight of milk.

Do you?

Nobody has panicked since 2022. Everyone has been living the fantasy of normal. I think politicians and corporate media flunkies really mean this: Don't get angry at them. Don't criticize them.

Don't hold them accountable. Don't demand they get their act together and do more than perform testing theater.

That's what they mean by "don't panic."

Just wait until bird flu starts transmitting between people. Don't demand clean air. Don't demand better ventilation or air purifiers. Don't demand free masks. (By the way, they're not really free. You paid for them with your tax money. That's what your tax money should be spent on.)

Think back to 2021, if you can.

View Quote
moar
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
bird flu forum pls
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
we're not falling for this bullshit again
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Are down feather stuffed masks required for this one?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BourbonBeast:
bird flu forum pls
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:
we're not falling for this bullshit again
View Quote
if 2020 to present is any indicator, at least 50% of your fellow mericans will fall for this bullshit again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Does this mean we are all going to die this time?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
What's that from?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What does the author want?  A repeat of 2020?  Government shutting down the beef industry ?  Mandatory masking?  Another vaccine that hasn’t been adequately tested?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
View Quote

Seriously. If we're gonna die from this shit we might as well get liquored up and hit the roads!

Fucking Mad Max in Honda Accords baby!

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:30:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#11]
Originally Posted By Sailboat:
What's that from?
View Quote

Movie called Outbreak

IMDB
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Precious87:

Seriously. If we're gonna die from this shit we might as well get liquored up and hit the roads!

Fucking Mad Max in Honda Accords baby!

View Quote
kewl.

let's kick this pig.

i ain't gettin' any younger.

well, that, and i need the post apocalyptic world so i can get leanbeefpatty to shave her hair into a mohawk and squeeze into some studded black leather pants.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
View Quote

No, but it might mean ribeyes might go for $80 a pound.

mods: please add the correct spelling of ribeyes to the dictionary.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:33:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: konger] [#14]
Is bird flu bad? Who cares?

ETA: the local news has mentioned it’s spreading in NC. My give a fuck meter is low on power. Not falling for this one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Lol Jessica Wildfire

At this point I'm not even sure she's a real person.

I remember reading one of her articles where she was talking about getting into homesteading, I was like this chick's alright, until I got to the part where she said it was because she was terrified of covid and people who refused to wear masks
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Didn’t the gov just force electronic tagging on ranchers recently because of the possibility of bird flu?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#17]
occasionally, I'll let myself get a little worked up about things I cannot control.

I think I wore a mask at work for a week. Although, the work place made fiberglass tanks, so I can tell myself I was trying to keep from breathing in little bits of ground up glass fiber.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By fssf158:
What does the author want?  A repeat of 2020?  Government shutting down the beef industry ?  Mandatory masking?  Another vaccine that hasn’t been adequately tested?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
kewl.

let's kick this pig.

well, that, and i need the post apocalyptic world so i can get leanbeefpatty to shave her hair into a mohawk and squeeze into some studded black leather pants.

View Quote

I wonder how she looks in a hockey mask and wrestling shorts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Now that Im retired from healthcare, no forcing BS injections on me!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BourbonBeast:
bird flu forum pls
View Quote

Copy & paste forum
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#22]
kewl.

let's kick this pig.

View Quote

Ok, so everyone check their tire pressure, make sure you're not near any service interval, and don't forget to top off.

Zombie apocalypse with reliability and sensible fuel consumption, Honda style
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#24]
“Elites” lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm gonna put a bumper sticker on my car, "If you pull me over, I'll sneeze on you!"  Then go on a Cannonball Run.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:46:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#27]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
The millies and zekes will once again pick up those mask mandates and and lockdowns run with them…while X and beyond go on with their lives.
View Quote

If you read the linked article more closely the author thinks that mask and vax mandates never should have ended.

She posits that the "elites" are letting us down by not freaking the fuck out like they did over covid

She has a Ph.D in English so clearly she knows best
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fulminate:

I wonder how she looks in a hockey mask and wrestling shorts.
View Quote
she looks fantastic.

just like she always does.

hello and/or duh.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#29]
You rascal, you!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/IMG_7216-3203151.jpg
View Quote
that ain't leanbeefpatty.

but you do you, playa.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#30]
The millies and zekes will once again pick up those mask mandates and and lockdowns run with them while X and beyond go on with their lives.
View Quote
GOT

DAYUM

MILLENNIALS
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#31]
The millies and zekes will once again pick up those mask mandates and and lockdowns run with them…while X and beyond go on with their lives.
View Quote

lol. The only people who have ever publicly tried to shame me for not wearing a mask have been fucking boomers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Woodsman20] [#32]
I hear if you mix milk with Kahlua it kills bird flu in milk.  White Russians for everyone.

Don't drink Jacky Treehorns white russians.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#33]
None of my birds have the flu
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
I'm gonna put a bumper sticker on my car, "If you pull me over, I'll sneeze on you!"  Then go on a Cannonball Run.
View Quote
i'm your huckleberry.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32917037/a-man-drove-solo-across-america-in-25-hours-55-minutes-in-a-rental-mustang/

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#35]
The avian flu situation is evolving daily now. Farmers and ranchers are starting to show "bird flu-like symptoms," but they aren't getting tested. Nobody is forcing them, either. The USDA is inspecting ground beef, but only in states with outbreaks in dairy cows, and only because other countries started rejecting our beef. As one epidemiologist told Scientific American, "We don't have a good sense of the spread because testing is voluntary and certainly not being done in a systematic way."

Avian flu has been spreading for months in cattle, and none of our government institutions can tell us anything except, "Don't panic."

It's pathetic.

According to STAT News: "The United States even has some H5 vaccine in a stockpile that it believes would offer protection against the version of the H5N1 virus infecting dairy cattle, though there would not be nearly enough doses for the entire country." Yes, they believe it would.

They don't know?

I mean, it's their job to know. We pay these people a third of our money, and that money is specifically meant for them to know these kinds of things and prepare for them. Instead, what do we get?

"Don't panic."

Bird flu was spreading all last year, working its way up the mammalian food chain. Our politicians were too busy worrying about TikTok and Chinese weather balloons. They completely dropped the ball on this one.

We're told that bird flu isn't spreading among humans "at this time," but it "could" at some point in the future. Well, it's been jumping to every other mammal, including a dolphin.

Even a story in U.S. News has to admit that "no studies have ever been done on the effects of pasteurization on bird flu virus in milk." They say, "Experts believe pasteurization... should kill the virus."

Ah. They believe it should kill the virus.

Don't panic, though.

Look around. Nobody is panicking. Do you see anyone panicking? I see a lot of people confused, upset, and a little angry. They're not angry about the bird flu. They're angry at bureaucratic incompetence. But I don't see anyone screaming in terror at the sight of milk.

Do you?

Nobody has panicked since 2022. Everyone has been living the fantasy of normal. I think politicians and corporate media flunkies really mean this: Don't get angry at them. Don't criticize them.

Don't hold them accountable. Don't demand they get their act together and do more than perform testing theater.

That's what they mean by "don't panic."

Just wait until bird flu starts transmitting between people. Don't demand clean air. Don't demand better ventilation or air purifiers. Don't demand free masks. (By the way, they're not really free. You paid for them with your tax money. That's what your tax money should be spent on.)

Think back to 2021, if you can.

View Quote
moar
View Quote

Nope fuck off with this shit
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#36]
There was an article this morning I kid you not, claiming disaster was upon us because dolphins carry the bird flu virus and cats drinking cow's milk with virus fragment  have  a 50% death rate.

It's getting flat out ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#37]

lol. The only people who have ever publicly tried to shame me for not wearing a mask have been fucking boomers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"yeah you better be wearing one you datgum millneal I need to live as long as possible and suck down all that sweet ponzie scheme SS money you are putting in while lecturing you about how you screwed up the world"
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#38]
$80 a pound steaks is really going to suck once the FDA and CDC get involved.
I'm sure insect and impossible burgers will still be affordable.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Movie called Outbreak

IMDB
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
Originally Posted By Sailboat:
What's that from?

Movie called Outbreak

IMDB

opening scene of the movie too.

Outbreak - Opening Scene (HD)
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By skindroid:

"yeah you better be wearing one you datgum millneal I need to live as long as possible and suck down all that sweet ponzie scheme SS money you are putting in while lecturing you about how you screwed up the world"
View Quote
i watched a useless cunt b**ma almost get his saggy fat ass beat by a young gym bro in the grocery store after fuckhead b**ma yelled at the gym bro for no mask.

my money was of course on #TeamNoSleeves, for i am a very bad man.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Who is showing these symptom and where are they? Seems pretty vague while also trying to sound like doom
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
None of my birds have the flu
View Quote

Maybe the Macaw across the street that screams constantly will catch bird flu and die doing the neighborhood a favor.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#43]
if 2020 to present is any indicator, at least 50% of your fellow mericans will fall for this bullshit again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#44]
The author seems to be suggesting we should in fact panic.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Time to take my old used skid marked underwear and fashion them into impervious shield-like masks to fully protect me from everything, while at the same time showing my allegiance to Fauci and Biden!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By skindroid:

View Quote

I mean, basically, except I am a gen-x'r.

first time it happened I couldn't believe it. I was in food lion staring at chicken trying to figure out if I really wanted to break down and debone a chicken that day. old dude in house slippers says "EXCUSE ME WHERE IS YOUR MASK". now I was brought up to respect my elders, but this dude was trying to humiliate me in front of dozens so I just looked at him and said "fuck off and put some shoes on, old man".

He went and told the store manager who then made an announcement over the intercom.

Everyone at the cash register knew who they were talking about as they turned around to look at me.

Still didn't put one on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Woodsman20:
I hear if you mix milk with Kahlua it kills bird flu in milk.  White Russians for everyone.

Don't drink Jacky Treehorns white russians.
View Quote

I understood that reference.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Better watch my fav documentary on this topic and adjust preps

13 The Fried Chicken Flu Sub ITA
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Lost a couple who I thought were cool dudes to "Doctor" Fauci
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

50% of Americans would suck their own dicks to get a vaccine too

Many on this very forum
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top