Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2023 4:05:50 PM EDT

Buying a wood fired grill for cooking/smoking, need a set it and forget it setup. We currently use our propane grill daily and this will get used often, especially in winter.

Anyone looked at the Gen 2 Ironwood models? Any other brand I should be looking at? Looking at spending around $1500.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the recteq RT-700 and absolutely love it.  I have no experience other than that though.  I do like the recteq has a lot of stainless steel in it, so that makes it very durable.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbad401:
I have the recteq RT-700 and absolutely love it.  I have no experience other than that though.  I do like the recteq has a lot of stainless steel in it, so that makes it very durable.
View Quote

This, but I have exp with Masterbuilt easy bake ovens and a Pit Boss 400.  The RT700 easily beats both.   Zero issues.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
700 is probably the best of grills in chinateq lineup.I had one for 3 years and the only issue i had was the igniter went out a month after first getting it,and the lid finally faded out.They sent me a new lid but it wasnt the same gloss enamel,felt like traeger.CS was great the 5 times i to call.3 of those calls were for the comp cart i bought that always arrived damaged.They finally gave me it free and I kept one and gave to a buddy.I dont know if they still give you the business card with Rays “number” on it.Good marketing ploy but don’t expect him to answer
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TODD-67] [#4]
I see you're in MT and wany to do winter smokes. I have an older treager with the chimney similar to the recteq. The ironwood vent out the rear. When it is really cold out you can buy a fiberglass blanket to cover the grill when doing long smokes with the chimney style grils. This saves a ton on pellets and keeps a stable low and slow cook. I also think the recteq might be better built. I have been looking at the 700 for a while but the treager just keeps working.,going on 6 years used at least twice a week year round.
Top Top