Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2023 6:50:49 PM EDT
a few years back i put a RecTec controller on an older Traegar and liked it. I upgraded from that to a vertical PitBoss as it fit my needs better, but i missed the "gee whiz" features of WiFi.
i'm debating on adding a WiFi controller to it but i don't have any experience with the PitBoss system

any input?
thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not used the Pitboss system but on my Recteq it's great. I might have to sign back into the app if I haven't used it for a while but that's it. Get alerts when temperature is going up or down, when it's at temp, and more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thermoworks.  Use it with any system, oven, smoker, etc.  Use it to map your system and chamber.  Use it for quality control.

Professional grade!  

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a saved file, which is why it says wifi not connected.  You can see each point where I opened the lid, and the point where I wrapped the meat. One probe is a chamber check, the other is the meat.  Yes, I know that is a built in feature of my smoker, but the Thermoworks is a NIST traceable standard, a no-doubter.

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
RT isnt bad,but no where on the same level as fireboardnor even thermoworks.RT is simple easy to operate
Top Top