Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 2:06:02 PM EDT
Some may remember my post sometime back of purchasing an Israeli surplus 75 D compact that has several handling marks.
It’s a steel frame. Shoots really good still though. Would you get it refinished or leave it as is? I also may sell it so if I do I’m thinking to leave it as is if I do decide to sell it. Already have a P01 and do want the option of being able to mount a light which is why I’m considering selling it. Decisions decisions.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Refinishing almost never makes economic sense.  Done a couple of times, I'll never get the cost of refinishing out of the guns if I sell them.  

Clean it good, maybe hit it with some Brownells Oxpho Blue and call it good.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZedHeadHunter] [#2]
I have 2 Pre-Bs that I was told were Israeli surplus. The finish was probably similar to yours.

I ultimately decided to strip everything down and do a cold blue refinish on my own. It gave me a chance to polish everything and put in all new springs.

It's not showroom quality but it definitely looks better and still retains that used but loved look.

Before:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

After:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Those look good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top