Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 8:06:49 PM EDT
I’m going to be sending off a 43x to Battlewerx to be cut for an EPS carry. If I have the cut in front of the rear dovetail, will the factory plastic sights co-witness at all? Should I put the cut over the rear dovetail and just use the rear sight notch on the EPS carry? Just trying to weigh all the options here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a slide on Glock 22 milled locally it has a CH Precision plate standard height Trijicon irons and EPS Carry. Even with the plate I can see about the top 1/4 of the irons. If you don’t need a plate you would have plenty of the irons showing.
Even if you eliminate the rear sight to bring the dot back I think you would be OK and there would be less chance empty ejecting brass would strike the front glass.

Note: on a pistol you are familiar with even if you broke the sights off entirely you should be able to hit a man size target at 15 yds or closer. And he who shoots the mostest the firstest runs the other guy off….
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Had a slide on Glock 22 milled locally it has a CH Precision plate standard height Trijicon irons and EPS Carry. Even with the plate I can see about the top 1/4 of the irons. If you don’t need a plate you would have plenty of the irons showing.
Even if you eliminate the rear sight to bring the dot back I think you would be OK and there would be less chance empty ejecting brass would strike the front glass.

Note: on a pistol you are familiar with even if you broke the sights off entirely you should be able to hit a man size target at 15 yds or closer. And he who shoots the mostest the firstest runs the other guy off….
View Quote

Valid points, thank you sir.

Did you have your G22 milled for RMR and now you’re using a RMRc adapter for the EPS?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
With Glock 43X  MOS, EPS Carry, and factory plate, you can see less than half the from sight with the rear drifted out.  I am thinking about putting in a taller front sight and seeing how that works.  I am sure it would effect POI.  As the previous poster said, sights are a reference point.

The sight notch on the EPS carry is pretty small. If you leave the rear dovetail you will still have the option of adding taller backup sights later.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a 43X MOS with studs removed and 407k direct attached. The EPS is thinner and should have plenty of cowitness.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
This is a 43X MOS with studs removed and 407k direct attached. The EPS is thinner and should have plenty of cowitness.
https://i.imgur.com/sT8SUe8.jpg?1
View Quote

Awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 43X MOS with a RMSc direct mounted. You can see and use the irons. Honestly with a quality optic you should not have to use the irons.Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top