Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2024 8:54:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nawu]
I bought an agency arms 43x used it came with a dual comp and no thread protector so i am hoping to make this work. After two range sessions it has issues feeding, especially with hollowpoints. I am using oem mags and psa micro mags, more issues with the oem. Previous owner does not know what weight the recoil spring is but shot 80ish rounds fine with 115gr. I ran 124 federal hst and federal 124 gr fmj. The recoil impulse is pretty heavy and i feel like it is cycling fast. My theory is it has a heavier spring to run 115s and it is cycling fast and causing the feeding issues. Hoping someone else can provide some insight, i havent used compa previously. I think my next step is trying a stock spring and if that fails, getting a new barrel and losing the comp. Appreciate any insights!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:34:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sparky315] [#1]
Yes, try a factory recoil spring first, especially since you don't know what's in there now.  I put a PMM comp on my 43X and played with spring weights- extra power made it choke, factory ran fine after a break-in period.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Generally a spring tune for a compensator is using a lighter recoil spring.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogtired:
Generally a spring tune for a compensator is using a lighter recoil spring.
View Quote

Yes. Almost all needed a lighter recoil spring due to the energy robbed from the slide.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunjunki:

Yes. Almost all needed a lighter recoil spring due to the energy robbed from the slide.
View Quote

Yes a lighter spring is usually whats needed. But try a factory one first
Top Top