Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 1:34:12 PM EDT
Im looking for a bag or case to store pistols in when heading to the range. Usually, I just stick them in my range bag with the ammo and head off. But recently I discovered that my range bag isnt big enough for both the ammo and the firearms I wanted to bring with me.

So, I either bring less ammo and pistols with me, or I get a bag/case to transport the guns and have more room for ammo and ear pro and such.

So what bags or cases does the collective or arfcom typically use that can carry multiple pistols (lets say more than 4)?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been storing my NV for almost a decade in a Harbor Freight Apache case. If my NV, which is far more fragile than a pistol, can survive years of being banged around in and out of patrol cars and airports and classes in this case, it'll work just fine for taking pistols to and from the range.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
This is far better than those awful HF cases:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D2G1NSTM?tag=arfcom00-20

Cases can be configured with less pistols but storage for extra mags. Add a small backpack with ammo, earpro, eyepro and you're set.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikeyb76] [#4]
my "it'll work for now" bag (going on 6 years):

I bring this pack and an ammo can. Last range trip I brought ~500 loose rounds for 5 of us (plus all the loaded mags).

What I bring:
Ears in small case (spare batts & soft ear plugs) x2; mine & wife's
3 10-mag sleeves; 1 for G17, 1 for G43X/48, 1 for misc pistols
Shoot n see targets
Maglula reloader
Pens
Eye pro
Misc small tools for RDS, screwdrivers, allen wrenches
Flashlight
Hoppes' hand wipes for shooters
Pistols for the day in a case or holster; usually 3 in the bag, one on my hip

I need to add binder clips to my bag for ill-equipped ranges and outdoor ranges.

My wife carries her own range bag (the Glock one) with 2-3 pistols.
Eye pro
Soft ear pro
Shoot n see targets
Spare ammo (boxed)
1 10-mag sleeve for G43/G48
Scarf in case of low-cut shirt that day
Spare t-shirt
To get: Another mag sleeve for the other handguns. The Glock bag is made for 2 guns, so maybe a bigger bag, but this is already near her weight limit for carrying. Maybe a roller suitcase with custom foam inside.

All mags are loaded before we get to the range. It makes for a heavy bag, north of 40#, but the bag takes it. I've thought about doing a different system altogether, like a Milwaukee PackOut or similar. But that means if it's all-in-one, that's a heavy b**ch to lift in and out of the truck, and it won't fit in the other cars. Most of our pistols are 9mm, but we have .380, .45, and 10mm, so I have to manage what rounds if we're bringing other calibers.

I need to work out my outdoor range package as well. Target stands, table, chair(s), targets, rifles, mags. All that other fun stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top