Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 8:32:34 AM EDT
Just got the reminder in email about the 2024 primary early voting.  I haven't done enough homework for the folks running for congress this time around.  Any of you guys have background on the candidates for District 10?

Mike W. Clancy
Alex H. Isaac, jr.
Aliscia N. Andrews
Manga A. Anantatmula

Who has a chance at taking the seat this year?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
District 7 - Cameron Hamilton is the best choice - 2A advocate (former SEAL and actually carries - I met him initially when local Dems threw a fit over his open carry at a meeting a few years ago).  He is the only candidate that has pledged to join the Freedom Caucus and has been endorsed by Rand Paul, Bob Good and other good guys.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Are there any candidate debates/Town Halls?  That how I made my determination.

District 7: As mentioned Cameron Hamilton is going to be a Nick Freitas at the federal level.   District 7 has some good choices.....Myers and that Terris guy were also impressive. Not fond of Anderson whom the Repubs seems to be going for.....drama queen lawyer that's tries too hard with the combat stuff
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Panta_Rei:
Are there any candidate debates/Town Halls?  That how I made my determination.

District 7: As mentioned Cameron Hamilton is going to be a Nick Freitas at the federal level.   District 7 has some good choices.....Myers and that Terris guy were also impressive. Not fond of Anderson whom the Repubs seems to be going for.....drama queen lawyer that's tries too hard with the combat stuff
View Quote

Anderson is being backed by the swamp - endorsed by Mike Johnson & McCarthy.  Bad news!  I suspect he would be another Dan Crenshaw RINO.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure wish we could borrow a based candidate in the 1st.  Sadly, we’re stuck with Wittman, as it appears no one filed to challenge him in the primary.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hamb0ne:
Sure wish we could borrow a based candidate in the 1st.  Sadly, we’re stuck with Wittman, as it appears no one filed to challenge him in the primary.
View Quote

My theory is District 7 maintains a heavy production of 2A constitutionalists bc it captures a mix of professionals brought to the area bc of tech, government and enterprise, yet reject everything about "Rich Men North of Richmond" and therefore live rural and adjacent out of necessity.  Your lifestyle make a huge difference in what you promote around you.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in D7 and kind of torn between Myers and Hamilton.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Panta_Rei:

My theory is District 7 maintains a heavy production of 2A constitutionalists bc it captures a mix of professionals brought to the area bc of tech, government and enterprise, yet reject everything about "Rich Men North of Richmond" and therefore live rural and adjacent out of necessity.  Your lifestyle make a huge difference in what you promote around you.

View Quote

Sadly now the 7th includes a big slice of Prince William County which leans very Dem.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nvcdl] [#9]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
View Quote

Myers seems like a nice guy but I don't see him changing the Republican Congress for the better.  

He also is kinda low profile - nice guy but doesn't have a huge presence in person.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
View Quote

I first met Hamilton about 2 years before political ambition...... he's a very genial, astute and all around solid man.....the type that can create positive outcomes with few words.  There's a cookout with him in Culpeper on the 19th if you want to meet him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Who are we backing in the US Senate Republican primary? Smith? Cao?

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Poodleshooter:
Who are we backing in the US Senate Republican primary? Smith? Cao?

View Quote

Nothing wrong with Smith, he just never gets any traction for some reason.  I like Cao!  Dislike Garcia.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm leaning Emord for Senate.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Top Top