Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 10:36:14 AM EDT
Heading there in July--what to do within a 2 hour drive?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
College of the Ozarks has a decent gun museum.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The Belle of Branson Steamboat ride, dinner and show was very enjoyable for me and wife and is about 2hrs long with a ride on the river.

The zip lines just north of Branson was a nice couple hours w/lunch adventure.

Springfield's Bass Pro Shop (grandfather of all) is a huge store with a look at all the trophies, fish tank and get some take home collectables.

We always like going to the amusement park just outside of Branson where they have rides, shows, old-time soap making and many shops from a bygone era to see products made right on site. (damn if I can now remember this place as haven't been to Branson in about 10yrs).

Really enjoyed the history of the Titanic Museum, and the dinner/entertainment of Dolly Parton's Western Show.

If still playing, there is a real cool Chinese acrobatic show worth seeing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:
I like the religious plays at Sight+Sound Theater. They have Queen Esther going right now.

https://www.sight-sound.com/ticketing/shows/title?location=BRANSON_MO
View Quote

Went to this last year expecting something... lame.  And was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the production.  It was more enjoyable than than the Muny!

Also... mmmm candied almonds.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bladeswitcher:
College of the Ozarks has a decent gun museum.
View Quote

I haven't been there in 30 years, but back then I thought it was pretty impressive as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Canoe/Kayak the Buffalo River.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out the huge Bass Pro Aquarium in Springfield.  It's worth the hour drive.  It's better that just about any other aquarium I've been in....including ones out of the USA.

Johnny Morris sunk some big money into that place.  Well worth it to check it out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Ozark Shooters sporting clays.  It's couple minutes north of town.  It is my favorite sporting clays course.

Bass Pro Shooting Academy.  It's south of town.  Not my favorite sporting clays but they supposedly redid it over the winter.  In my opinion it was too open and a bit boring.

Both also offer trap, skeet, 5 stand, and wobble.
Top Top