Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2024 10:06:25 AM EDT
I’m going to be In Illinois for a couple of weeks for work. Not Chicago. Can I carry anything?

I’m from Indiana (constitutional carry - no permit) but I have a Florida non-resident CCW permit.

Would keep it simple and carry an sig p365. 10 round mag, 12 round reload. Is that legal?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Illinois doesn't recognize ANY other states CCL. So unless you pay for Illinois stupid out of state CCL, which is at the tune of $500, don't get caught with a firearm on your person. The only exception is if you're passing through and stay in your vehicle. My advice is don't come here
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Good to know. I kind of figured I was just SOL.

Any weird laws about how I have to travel with it? Can it be loaded and concealed in my vehicle, ect?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/

Lots of smart folks and Illinois specific carry topics at Illinois Carry. Might be worth a quick read.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Big-Boy:
Thanks. Good to know. I kind of figured I was just SOL.

Any weird laws about how I have to travel with it? Can it be loaded and concealed in my vehicle, ect?
View Quote

NO.  Unloaded and in a case that closes tightly.  Out of reach is better.  We don't want you to harm any D voters who are still living.
Top Top