Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2023 2:40:32 PM EDT
I was divorced somewhere around the 2004 timeframe. Thing is, I have no clue what state it was in, as she filed it. I have a few ideas, but they're all dead ends. I need to get specific dates, so I can apply for a passport.

Anyone have a clue on how to find those records?  Online search is useless, as every site says to go to the county where the divorce was filed. I tried a local divorce lawyer and the secretary was at a loss, as she never encountered that question.

State vital records are out, as you need to pay money for a search that may come up with no hits and I'm not wasting money.

In contrast, I found my marriage info and had a pdf file emailed to me within 10 minutes of searching. Divorce records? Forget about it. Spent hours looking with no leads.

I was married in Multnomah County, but their record search for marriages is a lot easier than looking for divorces.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hired a private investigator. See if he come up with anything.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:18:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DashDot] [#2]
Shoot me your info and I’ll check Oregon

@Stitches1974
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DashDot:
Shoot me your info and I’ll check Oregon

@Stitches1974
View Quote

@DashDot

Thanks, but the PI found what I needed. Trying to get a passport is a nightmare, but I'll need the divorce decree for the future.

The states and years I remember were off the mark, but now I have the info to get the official documents.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

@DashDot

Thanks, but the PI found what I needed. Trying to get a passport is a nightmare, but I'll need the divorce decree for the future.

The states and years I remember were off the mark, but now I have the info to get the official documents.
View Quote

Sounds good. I have access to the documents if you hit a snag.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DashDot:

Sounds good. I have access to the documents if you hit a snag.
View Quote

Thanks.

Hopefully I don't need to use your services, but will keep you in mind. I just sent out a letter and application today for the official documents. A whole $6.00. This time I'll make sure the decree gets put in the right set of paperwork, so it won't get lost.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got the decree in the mail today. 7 business day turnaround isn't bad at all.
Top Top