Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2024 1:11:57 PM EDT
I assume rowdy beachgoers means gangs right? Seems like the right option.

Right now "gun violence" is leading with 45% of 1059 votes.

Link left cold

https://komonews.com/news/local/west-seattle-shooting-crime-man-injured-shot-near-alki-beach-gun-violence-pulse-poll-summer-safety
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What a rigged poll. “Rowdy beach goers” is now leading, at 47 %, with “Gun violence” at 38%. Hit it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
"Gun violence" is the only one on the list that's actually a symptom of a problem. I cannot ever remember a time a   gun was roaming around hurting innocent people.

It's like blaming all you can eat buffets for creating fat people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I must be missing something.  What's bad about people being concerned over gun violence?  I don't support gun violence.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:32:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Poppaduc] [#4]
What’s wrong with gun violence?
If someone threatens me with a knife, there will be gun violence.
Not all gun violence is bad.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Flawed poll is flawed.

Crowds should be #1, because with crowds come undesirables.

Paid beach access would probably fix it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mainsail:
I must be missing something.  What's bad about people being concerned over gun violence?  I don't support gun violence.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mainsail:

Originally Posted By Poppaduc:
What’s wrong with gun violence?
If someone threatens me with a knife, there will be gun violence.
Not all gun violence is bad.

Good point, Mainsail. I have to admit, I get triggered by the term, “gun violence”. I guess it’s due to decades of exposure to liberals and liberal/gun control causes who use the term “gun violence” to gin up support for passing more anti-gun legislation.

The problem is violence, the weapons being knives, guns, skateboards, etc. To give examples, someone was killed by being hit in the head with a skateboard in the U. District in Seattle maybe 10 years ago; and a man was stabbed to death in the Capitol Hill light rail station in Seattle a week or two ago. Perhaps I’m seeing the term as a “dog whistle”, the term used by anti-Trump people when they accuse Trump of something, to rally anti-gun liberals to push for more gun control.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Youth or bum violence is a more appropriate term.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
They need an option for "Hood Rats", the real problem at Alki in the summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top