Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2024 3:27:06 PM EDT
Good pro 2A folks. Any insights for what they're in for?

I'll Google some general info, just wondered what local think.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Lewisville, AR??  There is nothing there to speak of.  It's ~30 miles to Texarkana, Hope or Magnolia.  What is bringing your family there?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartacus] [#2]
Their daughter is somewhere in Arkansas, they're moving to be closer to her. Retired business owner.

My googling isn't turning up much good or bad so I thought I'd ask.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a very small town.  There isn't an industrial hub near there.  Magnolia/Stamps maybe?  Most of what goes on around Lewisville is logging or oil drilling.  I'll talk to my brother who lives near there and get some more details, then post.  I don't think it's a bad place to live.  Very rural but in a nice area for lakes, etc.  Not too far from 2 large towns - Texarkana and Magnolia.  Magnolia is a college town so something is going on there pretty regularly for entertainment, etc.  Texarkana is an instate transit town so there's a lost there, but it isn't a huge cultural center although there are a few neat things that come through the Perot downtown.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Lewisville is the county seat for Lafayette County, and the county is small (population is ~6300 for the county in 2020 census) so there really isn't much there.  There is a Dollar General and local grocery store (Tim's - not sure if it is still affiliated with IGA, but has been there forever) in Lewisville. Burge's Hickory Smoked Turkeys and Hams has decent food - has also been there a long time.  There is a little more in Stamps - ~10 minutes east on Hwy 82.  It may change as Standard Lithium bought land just south of Lewsiville to build a $1.3 billion lithium extraction and refinement plant.

El Dorado, AR is about an hour away, and Shreveport, LA is probably 1.5hrs or so away.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JDMnAR:
Lewisville is the county seat for Lafayette County, and the county is small (population is ~6300 for the county in 2020 census) so there really isn't much there.  There is a Dollar General and local grocery store (Tim's - not sure if it is still affiliated with IGA, but has been there forever) in Lewisville. Burge's Hickory Smoked Turkeys and Hams has decent food - has also been there a long time.  There is a little more in Stamps - ~10 minutes east on Hwy 82.  It may change as Standard Lithium bought land just south of Lewsiville to build a $1.3 billion lithium extraction and refinement plant.

El Dorado, AR is about an hour away, and Shreveport, LA is probably 1.5hrs or so away.
View Quote

I don't think I will be able to add any more than this.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. That's about what I was finding too.

Guess I'll have to visit them and see for my self.
Top Top