Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2023 11:49:33 AM EDT
So 2.5 yrs ago my wife n I decided to move to Maine. Bought 14 acres and f'n love it. But I don't have much time for anything now that we have all this land and the work that goes with it. And we got a couple goats an chickens so we're busy.  I'm looking to advance my 20+ years of self trained shooting skills to a new level and was wondering where u all recommend for in state. I'd like to keep with the same training institute for now. It'd be for ccw, carbine, maybe shotty too. I was looking at SRT Concepts as they're close to me and I like their prices. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.  
P.S. nobody told me how I would never be able to keep ammo stocked when I can step out on my back deck naked, and mag dump an AR at a dead tree for shits n giggles. Now I see there WAS a benefit to not having my own range!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
https://libertyfirearmsacademy.com/

This place its great. My wife went and loved it. The guy knows his stuff!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Cumberland County
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A buddy has taken several SRT concepts classes and loved them.

Someone usually brings John "Shrek" McPhee (Sheriff of Baghdad) to Maine once a year but I just looked and his classes here in September are sold out.

Sig can be a good choice.

A small group of us pay for private instruction from a recently retired deputy who used to be on the tac team / was a firearms instructor a couple times a year.

Other than that, it's catch-as-catch-can. I find shooting matches can be helpful. USPSA, 3 gun, 2 gun. I've been lucky enough to get squadded with some of Sig's pro shooters a few times and just watching them / listening to them (some of them are awesome about giving tips) was a huge help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Moved here three years ago and I'm intrigued by the desire to be shooting off my back deck in my boxers, too.  I've read it elsewhere and wonder if it's a "thing" with new arrivals to MAine having lived in a uber restrictive state for most of their lives.   ;)
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a desire that is totally worth satisfying 😌
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I've taken most of the SRT Concepts courses. Very good training at a reasonable price point. Also very low ego which is a big plus.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool, works for me then. I'll give them a try. Thanks for the input folks.
Top Top