Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2021 8:02:52 PM EDT
In the market for a really good electric fillet knife. Will typically be freshwater species (bream, bass, crappie, catfish) but i want something that can handle some larger saltwater fish as well (redfish, trout, grouper, snapper). I’m more concerned with avoiding wastage on the bluegills & crappie than anything else. Anyone have something they swear by? Battery powered okay, pretty open. I just want a good knife that’s gonna last.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Bubba Lithium.  Comes with 4 sets of blades and 2 batteries.  

Very little meat wasted on crappies 11" or larger, but gills under 9" are a little tougher.  Take your time using the shorter flexible blades on the bubba and you can be pretty efficient though.

I typically do the cut behind the gill with my bubba on all bluegills and maybe run through the ribs, but I usually use my Kitchenaid commercial fillet knife to fillet, going around the ribs, then skin.  Using the bubba for the cut behind the gills keeps the fixed blade a lot sharper.

For walleye, pike, bass, the bubba is fast; but a good high end fixed blade can be just as fast with some practice.

I've carved a bunch of turkeys with it too.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks - ended up with the Bubba electric but didn’t get the battery powered. Can’t wait to try it out
Top Top