Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2023 10:48:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKILLER]
I been walking everyday for a hour yesterday I went for a walk and found a group of pigs feeding at a pound. This one stuck around feeding I had to slowly walk with in range on my 300bo about 50 yards or so with Winchester 125 gr open tip rounds. One shot to the pumper and it still ran off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have surprisingly never seen a wild pig, out in the wild..

I would have thought I'd have seen some by now.

Do you have a massive slice of property you can walk? Or you just take your AR walking the park or where ever?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 3:21:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKILLER] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:

Do you have a massive slice of property you can walk? Or you just take your AR walking the park or where ever?
View Quote

I’m very fortunate to have access to a large chunk of hill country to do whatever I please. This was last week’s morning walk with a 223 rem fmj 55gr right in the noggin that was an instant kill not even a  twitch afterwards. Both of these sows were very healthy with some decent fat for wild pigs but still too many ticks for my liking.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HKILLER:

I'm very fortunate to have access to a large chunk of hill country to do whatever I please. This was last week's morning walk with a 223 rem fmj 55gr right in the noggin that was an instant kill not even a  twitch afterwards. Both of these sows were very healthy with some decent fat for wild pigs but still too many ticks for my liking.https://imgur.com/a/Xbr2gQI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HKILLER:
Originally Posted By smullen:

I'm very fortunate to have access to a large chunk of hill country to do whatever I please. This was last week's morning walk with a 223 rem fmj 55gr right in the noggin that was an instant kill not even a  twitch afterwards. Both of these sows were very healthy with some decent fat for wild pigs but still too many ticks for my liking.https://imgur.com/a/Xbr2gQI

Pic seems broke but that's pretty cool.

We have just under 4 acres of clear land, but another 300 yards behind us is a large wooded tract and a large hillside.
I can shoot on our land and onto the average behind us,  I would love to have access to it and be able to do the same.

During the colder months I often spot 10+ deer out there and they get brave enough to come in the back yard even though we have 2 big dogs...

Still think taking evening walks like that would be cool.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Always nice to get out and walk slowly down the trails looking for hogs... nice work!
Top Top