Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2022 10:36:39 AM EDT
My old lowrance x75 (i said old) is loosing pixels and it isn't good by today's standards anyway.

Friend has a 9 " lowrance elite, it's really nice - but over 2 grand and he has no idea how to use most of its features.

Gps plotting looks cool, but I don't know how much its needed - I'm not a pro  and I'm not hitting a new unknown lake every week.

I would like something that is about a 7" screen, can find fish in 150' either on bottom or suspended.  

Honestly I don't know how much it will get used, I'd rather be on a river fly fishing than sitting in a boat trolling for kokanee or jigging for whitefish.  Not a lot of bass lakes around here, the bucket biologists are planting walleye and northerns everywhere but I'm not real interested in either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Lowrance Hook 7 or Humminbird Helix 7.  I'd honestly get the most loaded graph you can for your budget.  GPS, down imaging, & side imaging will make you a better fishermen.

Until you use livescope, mega live, etc. then you'll never want to fish with a basic graph again.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have swapped my boat to garmin.  Ive been extremely happy and the mapping is great.  I always ran Navionics on my birds, but for the money I think Garmin offers a great product.  You will use the mapping and SV/SI more than you think, once you have it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at the hook 7" - there are several different models - splitshot, tripleshot, gps, gps plotting, etc.  I've seen some complaints that you can't upload maps to some of them, but you can to others.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Walmart has the Lowrance Hook2 7x split shot on sale for $99
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:27:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 154incher] [#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Lowrance just lowered prices, especially on the Live series.

I just orders an HDS-Live 12" to go with my 7".  Well worth the investment.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I know this is an old thread but the HDS-Live 9" is over half off at Bass Pro for $999.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScooterInVegas:
I know this is an old thread but the HDS-Live 9" is over half off at Bass Pro for $999.
View Quote

That's because Lowrance has just announced the follow on Pro model.
Top Top