Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2023 6:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0351]
I was looking at tongue retaining devices but thought I'd put this question out to get some feedback.  Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Backpack/tent (rough it) camping specifically.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Car camping or back packing?

Car camping: home made battery pack inverter that charges off of 110 or solar and should last at least a week.

Back packing: I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
A fresh charged group 34 Optima blue top with 800CCA ran my Resmed for less than 6 hours at 18F.  There is a heater in the cpap and it sucks a lot of juice when it is cold.  For the rest of the weekend, I tapped into a 7000 watt generator.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:56:06 AM EDT
[#3]
There are some silicone hollow nose plugs that keep the nose open.

Also some teeth guards that help keep the jaw aligned.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
When hiking I use a hammock. I sleep on my side and somehow that works. When camping with a vehicle of any sort I use an small travel CPAP and power it from a Jackery or other similar power supply. Power supply gets charged by solar when I don't plan on driving anywhere that day or be the vehicle itself when I do drive.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I can get four nights off a charge with this Battery and my old CPAP that has a removable humidifier.
Motorcycle camping.  My back is too messed up to carry a backpack.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a prescription mouthguard made by my dentist that is all I use anymore. It actually works better than my cpap machine. Nice and convenient to carry a couple Oz mouthguard even on technical climbs at altitude.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a resmed AirMini with a TalentCell 24V Lithium ion Battery PB240A1.  Makes for the lightest kit for backpacking with a cpap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top