Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 5:09:42 PM EDT
Just for grins & giggles, I'm thinking about setting up a general woods walkin' belt, maybe use it for range use as well.
This is not a hunting rig.  This is not a SHTF / battle belt.  Just something to carry a gun and a couple spare mags, plus maybe more.
Last Saturday I finished putting together a GritGrips G3 clone and today got a Safariland ALS holster that will accomodate the gun with a TLR7 and if I use a different slide I have, also a Holosun 507C.
For starters, I've got a spare Tacticon battle belt so I'll use that to prove out the concept.
I'll put the Safariland on the belt and then I figure it needs a double mag carrier and since I like the Esstac double KYWI I have, I thought I'd get another one but this time get the "lidded" version.
Since it's woods walkin', gotta have a knife.  Again, I like the various ESEEs I have, and I have a spare 4 floating around somewhere so that could go on as well.
Do I want anything else?  I'm thinking maybe call it quits at that.  Or maybe throw on an old-school canteen?  I drink water regularly through the day so this could be of some benefit.  

In case you can't tell, I'm a little bored today and thought I'd see what the hive might have for input.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I do quite a bit of hiking in the whites...and generally weight and bulk are your enemy....why not just a good belt and the OWB holster of choice?....I guess you could thread a spare mag carrier through it too.

Keep it simple?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 2" good leather belt, that coupled with a good pair of suspenders and no matter what pistol I'm carrying is comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of belt set ups. Some are just an alice belt and a UM84 or UM84R flap holster depending if I am carrying a semi-auto or revolver. Easy to add a canteen, but pack, knife etc. If the weight goes up, add some shoulder straps. This is the cheapest and very durable and still pretty comfy.

My favorite is my Hill People Gear Prairie Belt, M2016 Butt Pack, Shoulder Harness, Bottle Holster for my Sawyer water bottle with filder, and then various other things like; Safariland holster, canteen pouch, and such. It is the most comfortable and what I take on my elk hunts, and longer trips.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I had setup a belt that carried spare rifle mags (10 rds x 2), pistol holster, cell phone, fixed blade, and radio holder. My old day pack had no hip belt so they worked together just fine. The pack's water resistant lining finally started peeling off, so I bought a molle pack, but it has a hip belt. On the last all day hike, I carried the molle pack with my EDC stuff. Just a paddle holster, a phone pouch, and a spare mag holder. I felt kind of awkward without the tactical belt, but all the belt gear was in the pack anyway. The hip belt worked okay over the EDC stuff. I still like the Tac belt for short strolls in the woods.
Top Top