Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2023 5:08:07 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a kayak canopy/sunshade. I’m not concerned with trying to stay dry. I just need something to cover my body, to include my legs from the sun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a sudden gust of wind would ruin your day with a kayak. I like long sleeve shirts with the mosquito liners that Academy sells.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Long pants, long sleeve shirt, hat and gloves. It's hard enough to paddle into the wind.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
I think a sudden gust of wind would ruin your day with a kayak. I like long sleeve shirts with the mosquito liners that Academy sells.
View Quote

I had considered that possibility. I was hoping to find something easy to put up and take down so I could leave it off while paddling but put it up while fishing coves.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
As others have stated, long sleeves and pants, but I've also seen people use golf umbrellas with some success.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
May as well get a sail.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
May as well get a sail.
View Quote
If you've got the right kayak, that's a possibility..
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
May as well get a sail.
View Quote

Lol, as long as it’s taking me in the right direction I’m down with that. Also, I had thought about a large umbrella because it would be easier to put up and take down. I’d need to do some looking to see how people are mounting them.
Top Top