Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2021 4:21:34 PM EDT
I’m a novice
Do I put a sling my a duck/goose gun?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I did when I used to duck hunt.  Reason being is we often had to walk in several hundred yards carrying decoy bags and other gear.  If I had to carry my shotgun in my hands it would have meant a couple trips.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wespe:
I did when I used to duck hunt.  Reason being is we often had to walk in several hundred yards carrying decoy bags and other gear.  If I had to carry my shotgun in my hands it would have meant a couple trips.
View Quote

Makes sense for sure
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine came off in the blind but yes it is a good thing to have.  

Boat hunting I just kept the gun in a floating case.  I probably still had the sling in my shell bag with a couple chokes and a tube wrench.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I do, but only until I get where I'm going. I've had it hang up when I was shouldering my gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I do as well. I mostly to walk-in hunts in the marshes. Often there is nowhere dry to put a gun down when you need both hands. Sling is essential. Quick release swivels so it’s easy to remove when wanted.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The cheap double loop - over the barrel and over the stock has worked great for me for many years. I did a lot of walk in or canoe hunts and it works as well as expensive slings. You can also just hose it off when muddy or salty.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes

If you've ever had to go out into the deeks in waist/chest deep water and had another bunch of birds decide to set down while your standing there,

You know just how good of a choice it is.

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]
For the walk in yes, while in a layout A frame or anything no

They tend to get caught on everything that they can lol.

If hunting water that your standing in a sling is nice or a swamp stand or tree strap is nice
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ultraflex sling by slogan outdoors

Synthetic rubber so no worries about water
And it doesn't slip off your shoulder.
Stretches so you can keep it rather tight to your gun. I don't adjust it.  

Been using the same one for nearly 20 years on my Benelli.
Top Top