Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2023 10:27:58 PM EDT
This year my son pulled a damage tag for cow elk in our unit. Today I got a call at 11:45 that there were elk in the orchard. Called my sons school and told them he needed to come shoot one. They said no problem! Good luck! We found the elk at 12:30 and they jumped the fence. Looked up the property owner and discovered she was a former employee. Drove to her house and son asked if he could shoot an elk in her field. She said sure! Good luck! Drove back to the orchard and the elk had gotten back on our property. Son made his move and tagged his first elk! Much needed in the freezer this year! Total on the hook was 289 lb.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats to Your Son on his first Elk!

Bonus no long slog up & down the far mountains to get it out too!

What's the scoop on the rifle?

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:45:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Congrats to Your Son on his first Elk!

Bonus no long slog up & down the far mountains to get it out too!

What's the scoop on the rifle?

Bigger_Hammer

View Quote

Thanks. Rifle is a Tikka T3x Alpine Veil 6.5 prc with a Vortex Viper pst 4-16 and a Tranquilo. He loves that gun. This year he has shot a caribou, bear buck, doe and cow elk with it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!  Those crop damage elk are always tasty from eating well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SpeyRod:

Thanks. Rifle is a Tikka T3x Alpine Veil 6.5 prc with a Vortex Viper pst 4-16 and a Tranquilo. He loves that gun. This year he has shot a caribou, bear buck, doe and cow elk with it.
View Quote

Raising him right! That's awesome
Well done to both of you
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
Awesome!  Those crop damage elk are always tasty from eating well.
View Quote

Very true especially this year! This orchard, 800 acres, wasn’t harvested due to drought damaged fruit. They have been eating these pears since august. The meat is very sweet!
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Elk heart fajitas ftmfw!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to jack the thread, but are the suppressors direct thread on to the barrel (unscrew the muzzle brake and screw on suppressor)? Any attachment needed? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LayingLow07:
Not to jack the thread, but are the suppressors direct thread on to the barrel (unscrew the muzzle brake and screw on suppressor)? Any attachment needed? Thanks!
View Quote

Son is using a Tranquilo which has a QD mount that is threaded. On my rifle I am using a Full Nelson that is direct thread. The Full Nelson is so quiet people regularly ask what I am shooting. The Tranquilo is not as quiet but definitely protects hearing while hunting. With the length of the barrel on the Tikka it is front heavy so I am thinking of switching things up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice and congrats!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations! Good eating right there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#12]
Originally Posted By LayingLow07:
View Quote

Sorry, senior moment. Already replied.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By eric496:
View Quote

This one is wicked good. Sent some to a buddy who loved it. He is sending me some tuna belly in return. We are having surf and turf Wednesday!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]

This one is wicked good. Sent some to a buddy who loved it. He is sending me some tuna belly in return. We are having surf and turf Wednesday!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eric496:

Top Top