Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2023 11:51:29 PM EDT
Picked up a camo Zpacks Plexamid. With stakes it is @16 oz.  Looking forward on taking it on Crow Pass next month.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice,  zpacks make good stuff
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 6:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskagrown] [#2]
I am pretty stoked to have it, I had a dcf solomid at one point from MLD but didn't love it wound up selling it off.  With my pack, quilt/pad and this tent my base weight is 5lbs.  With my BRS+ snowpeak mug that only adds 5 oz
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:
Picked up a camo Zpacks Plexamid. With stakes it is @16 oz.  Looking forward on taking it on Crow Pass next month.
View Quote

Nice pickup. The camo versions usually command a premium price. Hope you got a deal.

Sold my Duplex last month. Great tent, just wasn't for me. Picked up a Lunar Solo that's similar to the way the Plexamid is shaped. That added 6oz to my base weight but, I'm still under 9lbs.

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $300 for it the person I bought it from had purchased it new and had 2 nights in it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I paid $300 for it the person I bought it from had purchased it new and had 2 nights in it.
View Quote

Great price!

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

That right there is "Winning!!!!"
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Can someone please explain the INSANE price on these things? it doesnt look like much more than a tarp! Please forgive my ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Phiers:
Can someone please explain the INSANE price on these things? it doesnt look like much more than a tarp! Please forgive my ignorance.
View Quote

Dyneema fabric is expensive. Should it be? Probably not but, it is.

Lightweight has never been cheap.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Loonytik:
Sold my Duplex last month. Great tent, just wasn't for me. Picked up a Lunar Solo that's similar to the way the Plexamid is shaped. That added 6oz to my base weight but, I'm still under 9lbs.
View Quote

I sold my Duplex recently also. I liked the tent but the doors were cut too high on the bottom which would allow rain to blow right under them. I replaced it with a Durston.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

I sold my Duplex recently also. I liked the tent but the doors were cut too high on the bottom which would allow rain to blow right under them. I replaced it with a Durston.
View Quote

The person I bought this off of had a Durston.

Well weather destroyed my trip plans.  20+ miles of mud rain and nipple deep river crossings during peak bear encounter time didnt sound to appealing to me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Slingfin Portal 2. I used it on a Pemi Loop a couple weeks ago. Very secure in 50+ mph wind and rain. Weighs about 2 lbs I think.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Great tent and that’s an insane deal. Probably want to experiment setting it up a few times in less than ideal locations, a friend has one and his only complaint is that you pretty much have to use the guy lines to get the right pitch and avoid condensation.
Top Top