Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2023 10:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar]
I am ready to mount my Motorguide Xi3 on my Pioneer 180. I am guessing its best to have it as close to the tip of the bow as possible? and Pointed straight as possible? Problem is I will need to manufacture a huge metal mount to be able to do so and it will then block Nav lights if mounted. Not sure if I am going to go that way.

I found a location that I can get a good backing on the bolts but its angled out a bit and not right up on the bow. Picture below is not my boat but one I found online that shows pretty much exactly how it will end up.

Will it being off to the side and pointing that direction be a real pain in the butt trying to go straight? Does it matter? I don't mind it going across the deck as no one sits there while underway and I can still open and toss ice and fish in the fish box if needed.

I just don't want to be having to correct all the time to go straight
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:31:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KB7DX] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KB7DX:
Dead center is best but the installation shown above will work.

The boat will track to one side a bit but you can correct for it

by turning the motor slightly. You won't have to be fiddling with the pedal

once you get your track established.

@WildBoar
View Quote

Thanks. It came with a handheld remote. SO basically if it gets fussy just use my outboard like a rudder?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it. Going to prob go ahead and try this weekend. I am definitely missing some fish because it's not on yet
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not positive what you are after, but I would check out Shuttle Slide. They make a lot of different solutions / sizes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top