Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2023 10:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar]
I am ready to mount my Motorguide Xi3 on my Pioneer 180. I am guessing its best to have it as close to the tip of the bow as possible? and Pointed straight as possible? Problem is I will need to manufacture a huge metal mount to be able to do so and it will then block Nav lights if mounted. Not sure if I am going to go that way.

I found a location that I can get a good backing on the bolts but its angled out a bit and not right up on the bow. Picture below is not my boat but one I found online that shows pretty much exactly how it will end up.

Will it being off to the side and pointing that direction be a real pain in the butt trying to go straight? Does it matter? I don't mind it going across the deck as no one sits there while underway and I can still open and toss ice and fish in the fish box if needed.

I just don't want to be having to correct all the time to go straight
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:31:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KB7DX] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KB7DX:
Dead center is best but the installation shown above will work.

The boat will track to one side a bit but you can correct for it

by turning the motor slightly. You won't have to be fiddling with the pedal

once you get your track established.

@WildBoar
View Quote

Thanks. It came with a handheld remote. SO basically if it gets fussy just use my outboard like a rudder?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it. Going to prob go ahead and try this weekend. I am definitely missing some fish because it's not on yet
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not positive what you are after, but I would check out Shuttle Slide. They make a lot of different solutions / sizes.
Top Top