Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2024 10:08:56 AM EDT
Messing with wspr on 20m and I pinged someone near Antarctica call 1K0CJA grid DC73.

I can't find the call anywhere.

Any clues what this is?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seek2] [#1]
Bad decodes happen from time to time, so it's possibly that.

ETA: Sometimes there's SWLs reporting that use unusual calls, if this is a received packet for your signal, but
usually they're well documented on the web.

99% of the time if you're getting a decode that's in the ocean it's a bad report.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep it does happen. For some of the newer hams out there I want to throw this out there in case you do not know. Many countries you have ti SWL for a certain amount of time before you can get your ham license. Some of them have to confirm a certain amount of reports before they can get licensed. So if you get a QSL card from an SWL it is always good to reciprocate. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:
Yep it does happen. For some of the newer hams out there I want to throw this out there in case you do not know. Many countries you have ti SWL for a certain amount of time before you can get your ham license. Some of them have to confirm a certain amount of reports before they can get licensed. So if you get a QSL card from an SWL it is always good to reciprocate. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199367/IMG_9824_jpeg-3202072.JPG
View Quote

For that reason SWLs go to the head of the line.
Top Top