Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2024 9:49:58 PM EDT
Hunting the prairies often means hunting in windy conditions. Just because the wind is blowing doesn't mean you need to stay at home.

Wind Won't Stop Me: KC Ep. 119
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Another great video.

How long do you typically stay at one area before moving on?

Do you hear most of the coyotes you see sound off before coming in,  or do they often just come in silently?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!!

What were the two heat signatures that popped up to the left of the screen at 4:10?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bud:
Nice!!

What were the two heat signatures that popped up to the left of the screen at 4:10?
View Quote
I believe they were jack rabbits. We grow them big around here. After the shot, the one kind of perked up, and it looks likes long ears on the top.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By extractr:
Another great video.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By extractr:
Another great video.

A lot depends on the wind. The windier it is, the shorter I will stay. I have lots of places to hunt, so it is hard for me to stay in one spot a long time. I would say a short stand is 20 minutes, an average stand around 30 minutes, and a long stand is 45 minutes. If coyotes keep coming, I will stay.

Do you hear most of the coyotes you see sound off before coming in,  or do they often just come in silently?
Majority just show up, but there are definitely times where they get vocal and then get quiet. In that situation, they have either left of they are on the way, so only time will tell.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KoreyKirsch:
I believe they were jack rabbits. We grow them big around here. After the shot, the one kind of perked up, and it looks likes long ears on the top.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Another fine show, thanks for the ride along.
Top Top