Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2024 10:17:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TexCorriente]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Corn, sweet potatoes, green beans, peppers, field peas, too late for regular potatoes imho
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eyeore1966:
Corn, sweet potatoes, green beans, peppers, field peas, too late for regular potatoes imho
View Quote

Potatoes should do fine planted this late. Ours aren't even in the ground up here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lew:

Potatoes should do fine planted this late. Ours aren't even in the ground up here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Funny I'm in 8b and I dug mine yesterday, planted 2/15 plants were yellowing and its in the low 90s  didn't weigh them but 10# of seed yielded about six 5 gallon buckets worth with some as large as a baseball.  New/Irish potatoes don't typically do well in warmer temps and increasing humidity in my experience.  OP is in 8a (Texas) so I was thinking environment will be heating up way before they could mature and also assuming OP would be planting Irish not Russet.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny I'm in 8b and I dug mine yesterday, planted 2/15 plants were yellowing and its in the low 90s  didn't weigh them but 10# of seed yielded about six 5 gallon buckets worth with some as large as a baseball.  New/Irish potatoes don't typically do well in warmer temps and increasing humidity in my experience.  OP is in 8a (Texas) so I was thinking environment will be heating up way before they could mature and also assuming OP would be planting Irish not Russet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've always planted my potatoes early, they do better before all the problem bugs show up with the heat. Okra likes the heat, if you like okra.
Top Top