Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2024 5:16:51 PM EDT
Who makes a barreled action in 6mm arc besides Howa through brownells.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
What's your price range?
View Quote

I like the howa price range and its has good reviews.
500-1000 is my price range unless its something i cant turn down for a few hundred more
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Ruger American rifle.
Ranch, Predator, standard.
https://ruger.com/search/
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be a dick even though I know this will sound dick-ish.

Why do you want a 6ARC in a bolt action? What role are you trying to fill that an established short action sized cartridge can't accomplish? With numerous light recoiling 6 and 6.5mm short action length cartridges, that all have higher potential velocity and BC, I don't understand the trend of 6ARC bolt actions other than people buying in to marketing hype. Yes I understand you can load 6ARC to higher pressures and with longer bullets in a bolt action than you could with the AR platform it was designed for. However at that point, you've removed any negligible advantage it may have over a bigger case for a lot of money spent.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By spectre3:
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be a dick even though I know this will sound dick-ish.

Why do you want a 6ARC in a bolt action? What role are you trying to fill that an established short action sized cartridge can't accomplish? With numerous light recoiling 6 and 6.5mm short action length cartridges, that all have higher potential velocity and BC, I don't understand the trend of 6ARC bolt actions other than people buying in to marketing hype. Yes I understand you can load 6ARC to higher pressures and with longer bullets in a bolt action than you could with the AR platform it was designed for. However at that point, you've removed any negligible advantage it may have over a bigger case for a lot of money spent.
View Quote

It has 3times the barrel life of a 6creed. Factory ammo for all the other short case 6s is all but nonexistent. Even as a reloader I don't like being stuck with no factory option.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:10:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#8]
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:

It has 3times the barrel life of a 6creed. Factory ammo for all the other short case 6s is all but nonexistent. Even as a reloader I don't like being stuck with no factory option.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:
Originally Posted By spectre3:

Yup. It’s very close to a 6br with factory ammo. Speed isn’t the only consideration for match/comp guns. I’m still happy with my 6creeds, and shoot them often, but the 6arc can serve a role in a bolt gun. I’ll have a 22ARC bolt gun as well, even though my 22creed is much faster/flatter shooting.

I’m getting 2786 and 2798fps averages from the Hornady 105/108’s out of my 26” Krieger (Origin build).

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/6arc-arc-nucleus-gen-2.7208774/#post-11472673

Would prefer a little longer barrel to squeeze out some more velocity but it's available. Or go with an Origin/proof combo that is available from more than one place.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont want a barrel burner like some people stated. I like the fact that i can load it also for a AR platform with a few changes in reloading. I want to tincker with a bolt gun without dropping a fortune. Possibly shoot a competition for fun and to learn more. I will look at Origin actions as well for that possibility. If worse case i may have to turn in so.e scrap copper lol.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
It is a fun little cartridge. Was out today with factory ammo hitting steel to 1000 with factory Hornady 108 ELD-M ammo. Lots of fun.

The good part about the Zermatt Origin is that you can easily change out the bolt face so your 6 ARC build can become a .223 or a .308 or even a 300WSM by a bolt face and barrel swap. Will save money in the long run as you won't need to buy another stock/chassis, scope or trigger. I have 2 Zermatt TL3 actions and .223, 6 ARC, 6.5 and 6mm Creedmoor and .308 barrels for them.
View Quote

Wow ok now that is a damn good point i really like. What  size bolt face is needed for the 6 arc.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I'd started with just a barreled action, but there weren't any available at the time.  This stared as scopes package Howa.  I had a blast doing some load development with it stock, then sent it to Carbon6 for a new barrel.  They consider their barrels for Howa to be prefit, and they will install them for you for cheap.  I had the original barrel cut back to 16", but went 19" for the C6 because my new can saved that much length, and I wanted the little more barrel for velocity.  I think the cartridge really shines in mini actions.  My goal with this rifle was 7 pounds as pictured and 3000fps with copper monos, and I'm right about there now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
I wish I'd started with just a barreled action, but there weren't any available at the time.  This stared as scopes package Howa.  I had a blast doing some load development with it stock, then sent it to Carbon6 for a new barrel.  They consider their barrels for Howa to be prefit, and they will install them for you for cheap.  I had the original barrel cut back to 16", but went 19" for the C6 because my new can saved that much length, and I wanted the little more barrel for velocity.  I think the cartridge really shines in mini actions.  My goal with this rifle was 7 pounds as pictured and 3000fps with copper monos, and I'm right about there now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164254/IMG_2212_jpeg-3163361.JPG
View Quote

I am in love with your rifle.

How well did it group with original barrel?

How is the action and feeding?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By campower:

I am in love with your rifle.

How well did it group with original barrel?

How is the action and feeding?
View Quote

I have this one, and had another, it was the one in the little chassis.  Both shot great, about MOA as 22" guns, and they still were both still about MOA as 16" guns.  I loaded two mags with alternating factory 105bthp and 108eldm, and shot them as fast as I could at a 10" plate at 300 yards and went 10 for 10.  Both of them definitely slightly preferred the 105bthp.  The actions are perfect with the factory plastic mag.  Its not a bad system, but I converted mine to Jefferson bottom metal that uses CZ 527 magazines, its heavier but I like the metal bottom metal and mags.  It feeds flawless with both systems, action is pretty smooth, the bolt camming is a little heavier than a 700, but I guess thats part of the design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top