Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2022 2:20:13 PM EDT
I am looking for a basic but good laser range finder.  I will one day spend the big bucks and buy some LRF binos, but for now what is a good laser range finder for target shooting in the 800 to 1000 yard range?

I don’t need bells and whistles, just reliable and accurate rangefinding for small point targets out to the distance mentioned.

I am military so the brands that offer discounts would be nice.  

Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Vortex has served me well for shooting and archery

Great price with LE/Mil discount
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 4:08:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sig's top RF's are damn good, not sure about their lower levels I have a kilo 2400, does all the ballistic calc's, does the weather, has AB ballistics on board and gives you your dope for a shot, and reaches way out there, some guys are getting reflective targets at 3000 yards..I can and have got readings on trees at over 1800 yards, on rock faces past 2500 yards.. animals a couple of moose at over 1500 yards...But its an expensive RF, they make one a step down with out the weather and ballistics that is a fraction of the price...
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I debated between the Sig Kilo5K and Vortex Razor 4000 for quite a while, ended up getting a Sig demo from EuroOptics for about $500.

Right now, Vortex has 50% for .mil.  That probably would have changed my mind.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got my eye on the new sig ones that just came out.  Decision is between do I get the 3k which has atmospherics (and a better ballistic solver?) for just under $400 or get the canyon which is more bare bones for just over $200.  I am leaning towards the latter as per my original post where I just want something basic for now.

Looks to me based off specs that they bare better than the vortex ones comparing the price to price.  Maybe not.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By yosturm:
I’ve got my eye on the new sig ones that just came out.  Decision is between do I get the 3k which has atmospherics (and a better ballistic solver?) for just under $400 or get the canyon which is more bare bones for just over $200.  I am leaning towards the latter as per my original post where I just want something basic for now.

Looks to me based off specs that they bare better than the vortex ones comparing the price to price.  Maybe not.
View Quote

If you do any long range shooting, now or in the future..I would do the 3K with AB and weather....2 bills for AB and weather is a steal..my kilo 2400 retailed for 1600 and paid 1200 plus for it...so 4 bills is cheap for the power you hold in your hands...
Top Top