Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2024 12:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bh2win]
Hey there,

Googling around, I can't seem to find a type of folding stock for the Ruger American Rifle. I was wondering if someone here might have greater knowledge on what folders exist, if any?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck with that, I was looking myself but the only thing I found were those chassis monstrosities that cost more than the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Good luck with that, I was looking myself but the only thing I found were those chassis monstrosities that cost more than the rifle.
View Quote

That was my fear! My Google-fu normally doesn't steer me wrong, but I came up with nothing this go around.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
probably would not be that hard to cut and attach a sidefolder mount with screws.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like a market opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
View Quote

Well, to be fair, everything costs more than the rifle.  My ruger American 308 was < $300.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Seems like a market opportunity.
View Quote

For a company to lose money on R&D to sell two stocks a year?

People who are buying $500 rifles aren’t buying $1000+ folding chassis to put them in.

If that’s what you want then buy something R700 based.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#7]
MDT does a sale for black Friday each year. I bought the chassis for my savage axis and mossberg mvp to help with the cost. They make folding stock adapters for them, too. You will still end up spending more than the cost of the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Once the Chinese figure out we spend 1k on folding chassis there will be a market shift lol.
Top Top