Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2021 8:14:53 PM EDT
I’ve finally started wading into PRS, bought a KRG X-ray chassis for my Tikka T3 Scout CTR, which I currently have out being threaded, and a Bergara B-14 HMR which is a 700 action using AICS mags.  Both are SA in .308

I’ve never used AICS mags before, and am looking for advice on which to buy and where to buy them.

I’d like to get mags that will work for both.  According to KRG, Magpul mags won’t work with the Tikka in the Xray.  

So it looks like my options are AICS branded, or Accurate Mag?  Any other options?  Anyone have experience with any polymer mags working in the tikka in a krg chassis?  Also KRG says that non-restrictor plate mags will work in the tikka, but I don’t think they’ll work in the bergara, so I’ll likely be going with primarily restrictor plate mags, and maybe one with no plate so I have the option to experiment with longer rounds in rhe tikka eventually.

Is there a go to vendor for AICS mags?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Pmags are cheap enough to try or even possibly modify.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:47:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPC] [#3]
Some even get the Magpul AICS mags.
IF your going to reload,,MDT has both with a "binder" plate or without. Without you can get longer bullets closer to land and groves.
I've got MDT,,for my KRG Bravo stocked 700,, work great.
Got some 5 rdrs for hunting.

The also have mag upgrade to get 12 ends in the magazine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Accurate mag in my b-14 HMR. Works well for 6.5 creedmoor.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Accurate Mags AICS 3.850" CIP mags for 700 long action, they work excellent, zero issues with them in a MPA chassis.....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got right around 4000 rounds of 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor through 2 MDT 12 round mags with zero issues.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Tikka actions  are milled differently on the bottom so polymer aics mags don't seat high enough for the bolt to catch the round and feed it.  

You can bevel the outside edge of polymer mag lips and they will work fine in a Tika action with a KRG stock. I've modified Ruger gunsight scout magazines and use them in my tico with no problems.

That said I'm getting ready to shoot my first match soon, and will probably buy metal lip magazines for matches just to guarantee I don't have any issues feeding from modified magazines. But for practice they have worked just fine for me.

There are a few YouTube videos online showing how people modify the mags. I just made a jig and use my Dremel to bevel off just enough material to make them seat fleshly.
Top Top